Running in the dark with company

Last night headed to the tow path. Ran with the regular crew. We just got in around 6 miles somewhere around 8:50 pace. It was DARK and FOGGY! If I had been by myself I would have been freaking out :) The girls and I managed to freak out when we came upon our guy friend A. We didn't know he was coming and we were just talking about the dangers of girls running by themselves at night. None of us said anything, we all just started to run closer and slower. Bizarre. But it was okay. Just A slowing down to greet us :) Still freaked the heck out of me!

It was starting to get pretty chilly last night but I guess it is going to warm up the rest of the week. B said 70...in November? Yikes!

I am off to the dentist this morning. I haven't been since college. Yikes. I finally sucked it up and called my husbands dentist yesterday and they squeezed me in first thing this morning. I am not a fan of the dentist. I have sensitive gums and they always bleed when the cleaning chicks use that scraper and floss. Ouch :( Oh well with all the coffee I drink I should probably be going twice a year, not twice a century ;)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually enjoy going to the dentist. Weird, I know. I am due to go soon. In fact, you've inspired me...I'll call today! I need my teeth cleaned.

E-Speed said...

My gums are SOOOOOO sore :( And I have a cavity :( I have to go back for a filling next Wednesday.

They promised me lots of nitrus before the shot.

I could see all the blood from my gums everytime she used the vacuum tube today. It was scary! She said I was going to lose weight from all the tartar she took off.

Meh

Cliff said...

Ha i get bloody gums too. I always thought I had bad hygiene. My dentist just said some people bleed more than others.

E-Speed said...

Yeah they told me I should be more "gentle" flossing and that since they removed all that tartar they should get better. They hurt like heck right now though :( And I am pretty sure they have always bled like that regardless of the frequency of my visits.

rhein said...

oh sheesh, if my gums bled, i might pass out on the chair, come to think of it, i HAVE!

E-Speed said...

Yeah, I almost cried twice today it hurt so bad. The lady was really nice, but I think that made it worse because she was torturing me but I couldn't hate on her since she was so nice, she even gave me a topical to help ease the pain. (it wore off after about 30 seconds)

Lynne said...

Isnt that weird. I love going to the dentist. I love the way my teeth feel after a good cleaning.

Chad said...

The trails I run on have lots of walkers, runners, and bikers. I usually say "hi" as I approach to let them know I'm friendly - or at least a friendly mugger (or worse).

It is eery running in the dark, but I'd rather run in the dark in the morning than at night. What was that song - "The Freaks Come out at Night"?

E-Speed said...

Lynne, I guess you and Mon are in the same boat.

I must have so much tartar build up because it actually feels like I just got braces taken off, like my teeth are shifting! It is so painful!

E-Speed said...

Zeke,

We should have said hello or coming up in front of you or something. I think we just totally wigged ourselves out with our discussion. And our friend looked so large and frightening in the dark and fog. I think we all just clammed up.

I agree, it is probably scarier to run at night. Although rape usually occurs between 7 and 9 am, I am pretty sure that is the statistic I read. Best to run with company!

I always let someone know where I am running and for how long, and now since it is dark I carry my cell with me.

The (IRON) Clyde said...

Hate the dentist as well. I had to get my teeth cleaned for my wedding (who wants yellow teeth in those pictures)..I hadn't been to one the prior 6 years, not a good time, it was a long cleaning to say the least. I then promised myself I'd go back every 6 months....well that was almost two years ago...some things never change.

E-Speed said...

yeah they made me schedule one in 6 months today! Talk about keeping me in line!