River Run Half

Woke up bright and early to do the River Run Half Marathon today. I had a really good race and ended up taking 4th in my age group, averaging 7:27 per mile. 1:37:41

K ran with me for most of the race. We didn't talk much but it was nice having someone to help you keep pace. B and Su did awesome. At this rate they will both make their marathon goals for sure. A ran too slow with a friend and was mad afterwards but at least Su caught her at 9 to make the rest of the race more enjoyable.

To put my race time in perspective the first girl ran 1:16:51, second 1:21:22. I was 32nd out of women. Not too bad for me at this distance. It is a huge race, or at least it feels like it.

Unfortunately my heel started bothering me during the race. At the time I thought it was a bruise. K thinks it is planar fascitis. He is probably right. Let's hope that ice, ibuprofen, and stretching will do the trick, because these feet need to be ready for Columbus in a month!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, you're going to kick butt at columbus. i think you need to make a harder goal... 3:30 isn't hard enough. :)

E-Speed said...

1:37:41 times 2 plus 10= 3:25 so I think 3:30 is perfect considering River Run is downhill ;) And I have an injured foot to compensate for now ;)

I'll save 3:15 for another year!

Anonymous said...

Be a man. Go for 3 even.

-daryl

EostreEgg said...

I think Dave might get upset (not to mention frightened) if you became a man. :)

E-Speed said...

3! I don't think I could ever run 3 even. 3:15 maybe, in a few years.

3 would be under 7 minute miles, yikes!