Rest Day

Didn't work out today. Instead I drove four hours to see my sister's crew Regatta. I got some walking in and some sun. I am exhausted as I only got three hours of sleep but it was worth it to see her and take her some homemade food :) (Thanks to Scott for the great driving directions, I didn't even get lost)
Exciting news on the Team and Training front. I received info about my honored teammate! He is 15 and is currently off therapy and doing well! He was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia when he was 3. I am excited to start raising funds so that I can help other children in the same situation. (With the help of funds from societies like Leukemia and Lymphoma Society the survival rate for this type of Leukemia is now up to 70%.) Like my husband, my honored teammate is a history fan and likes football! (and computer games)
I really feel good about doing this...as some of my coworkers have noticed I have had a little skip in my step this week. Helping others is definately one of the best ways of helping yourself!

No comments: