Another Great Day

Slept in this morning. We were up late chatting with our cousins. It was good catching up with them and seeing their kids last night. Gosh they grow up so fast! JM announces to me as we are watching his car zoom around the kitchen floor. "Nice Tattoo!" lol. so cute.

Got up around 9ish and got around to go for a brick workout. A called and her knee was bothering her. Ugggh I broke A! Hopefully it's nothing. She just didn't want to risk anything by hopping on the bike today so she bailed on the workout.

Met two new CTCers. I got in a 50 minuteish run on the trails with M while J had to go back for her helmet! It was pretty warm out today and humid but it was still a pleasant run. We got to do some exploring because my normal trail was blocked off by bridge work.

We got back just after J and hopped on our bike for about an hour. Very relaxed pace but we got in a few rollers and ended up with 15 miles or so on the bike. Thank goodness I remembered sunscreen. It was sunny out! We rode in tank tops!

Got back and did another 40 minutes running on the trails.

My legs feel great still. I have been stretching a lot and trying not to force anything. I am really wishing I didn't have to run on the road ever again! These trails are so much fun!

Just got up from a quick catnap! I think we are going to have some dinner and perhaps a movie. Who knows. David's back has been really bad the past few days so I don't know how much walking we will be getting in.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Congrats to Rae and Brent on their half! To Iliketoast on his marathon! And Lana too, I hope it went well!

9 comments:

Habeela said...

Sounds like a great weekend! A little socializing a little exercise, a little sleep...just right.

Trisaratops said...

Man, it WAS humid out there today! I sooooo underestimated it and ran outta water in my last mile....not so fun. OOPS! I need to hit some trails with you! I like the ones in the Valley but could travel eastward...

Toasty said...

Thanks for congratulating me on my marathon. It seems you almost did one too.

Best thoughts for David's back getting better.

Rae said...

Thanks!! You're an exercise machine. Sounds like a great weekend, I wish they NEVER had to end!

Backofpack said...

Isn't it great to have sunny days again? We ran trails yesterday too - but it was cold and foggy. It was still wonderful to be out on them though. Way to crank out those workouts!

Cliff said...

I hope David back is gettin gbetter. Back problem is always the worst b/c u use the back when u do anything.

Yes..sun lotino is in order..after i went for my bike ride on sat..my friend told me i got darker :D...

Unknown said...

Totally agree with you about running trails versus the road. I'm training for my first Xterra, but if the training is this addictive, I'm sure I'll be signing up for more. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

No more breaking of the people. That's just mean!

Happy to hear your leg is doing fine.

Janet Edwards said...

I am totally with ya on the trails thing. I find it makes a world of difference.

Nice job on your long workout! I also enjoyed my Sun AM workout with some other CTC-ers. Perhaps next time it will work out that we can train together!