Saturday 4-15-06 Evening and Sunday Morning

After the Expo it was time to finally get back to my hotel. I had planned on getting in a 4 mile run but that just never happened. Took the T with my parents back to the hotel and picked up my sister then we headed out to dinner.

We went to Legal Seafoods. I had the best salad there last year and I was ready to have it again. OMG. It was just as good as I remembered it to be. A cornucopia of flavors in my mouth. So freaking tasty! Tortilla, apple, avocado, goat cheese, orange sauce, shrimp, and crushed red pepper. Trust me, it's to die for.

Our waiter was very friendly. A bit too much so, he kept talking to us. I am trying to savor every delicious bite of this salad and it is being interrupted by this dude's life story. But he was a good waiter and my sister goaded him into clearing the whole table at once, he only dropped a fork, impressive.

After dinner we made our way to meet B2 and his wife for dessert at cheesecake factory. I decided on Tiramisu. In retrospect I should have gone for the Sunday. It looked much better. The tiramisu wasn't the cake like I was used to , it was more liquidy.

Oh have I mentioned I like food? This is why I have to run, seriously.

After dinner we walked back to the hotel and got ready for bed, had to be up early for the Freedom Run the next morning. After arguing over how many lights were blinking on the ceiling (KT thought 1, dad though 2, mom thought 3, I just wanted to get to freaking sleep) we finally crashed for the night. I think I was up for about 18 hours, I was beat!

Got up and onto the T around 7 the next morning and headed to Copley Station to join in the Freedom Run. We all got the free t-shirts then mom and dad headed to Cheers to hang out until we made the loop around their. KT and I lined up. We moved forward a bit towards the stage and saw a friend from the club. We ended up jogging together for the Freedom Run. Before the run started they had jazzercisers up on stage pumping the crowd up. We didn't get far enough forward to partake but it looked like a lot of people were really getting into it. They also introduced some people before the start including the Hoyts and the winner of the race from 1950 something. Very tiny little man. I think he ran the race on Monday too!

I tried to take some pics but I am short so they didn't come out great. You can see the Hoyts down in the corner of one but not a very good photo.

Had fun jogging the Freedom Run. I am amazed at how many people show up but hey, it's free! Afterwards we got some grub. They were giving out peeps since it was Easter! Score!

We headed to the finish line and took some photos with my running club. Kurt from Boston met up with us, he was finishing up a long run. We took some photos and then hopped on the T together. My family enjoyed meeting another blogger and my mom is hoping Kurt will qualify so next year they can cheer him on too! Unfortunately we didn't get to spend too much time chatting as he had to head to church, but it was great seeing him again even if it was brief.

We headed back to the hotel and my family napped while I organized everything for the race...

5 comments:

qcmier said...

Mmmm Legal Seafoods. Haven't found a seafood restaurant I liked around here.

Mmmm Cheesecake Factory too.

Looking forward to your next installment.

CJ said...

Trying to catch up on my blog reading. So how did Boston go - looks like you did a good time. Sounds like you pulled up really well. And I love your reason for running - same as me!

Janet Edwards said...

OMG, thank goodness we have exercising so we can eat awesome foods!

Cheesecake factory ruined all other cheesecake for me...

Backofpack said...

We kept seeing Legal Seafoods while we were there, but never tried it. I don't really eat seafood, but maybe they'd leave it off the salad for me. Maybe next year...

Rae said...

I had a friend who used to order in Cheesecake Factory for my birthday before we had one here! That stuff should be illegal!