Tired

So I have pretty much been going non-stop all weekend, I did catch a brief 1 hour nap Saturday after the long run, but other than that the weekend wasn't much of the usual respite I look for at the end of the week.

That's okay though because a lot of fun was had this weekend and a lot got accomplished.

Too tired to go into details right now but Friday night swam 1500 yards then attended a swanky fashion fundraiser for LLS. Pictures will be forthcoming.

Saturday morning got out with B2 bright and early to get in my second uber long run before Boston. 21 miles and 3 hours later it was officially taper time! Details on route and how I felt coming soon.

Sunday was the long distance baby shower for my SIL. That's right in a few short months David and I will be Uncle and Aunt! I helped out my other SIL and MIL to throw the shower. Lots of driving around to get last minute gifts and the video cam and to help out was done on Saturday. Sunday I was in charge of most of the decorating and videotaping the shower. Luckily I did not have to help in the kitchen so the food was delicious! Pics and perhaps some video from the baby shower to follow later in the week.

Tonight David and I got out for a 2 mile walk/jog. I missed a 50 minute bike ride this weekend, not sure if I will find time to squeeze that in being that it is taper time now. I won't hold my breath. There will be plenty of time to get reacquainted with the bike after Boston.

Sorry for the lack of details and photos but I am wiped out!

7 comments:

BuckeyeRunner said...

Whew!

Hello, Taper!

Have a good week!

Cycling Under The Influence said...

Taper time is not when you should go back and try to get in any missed workouts. Relax, I'm sure you have done enough! Enjoy the rest!

Anonymous said...

If Energizer ever decides to retire the rabbit, I think we've found their new mascot.

Don't worry about the pictures for now. Go take a nap!

Papa Louie said...

Enjoy your taper and have a restful week.

Cliff said...

I did not have to help in the kitchen so the food was delicious

*LOL* I feel the same way.

Trifrog said...

Congratulations on completing the long run portion of your marathon training.

Don't worry about the missed workout too much, there will be plenty of time after Boston for riding all summer. It might, however, be a good way to flush some blood through your recovering legs and help them heal completely before the 17th. Keep it at a very easy high rate cadence, flat course, and keep your heart rate in the very low aerobic range. It won't be intense enough to harm your taper, but it will warm you up and get your juices flowing for recovery.

Good Luck in Bean Town!

Rae said...

Welcome to the taper!! Great job on the long run!