I don't think there is any appropriate title for such a great day. And it's only 6:45 PM.

Woke up at 5 AM this morning in order to eat some breakfast before heading out the door to the valley at 6:15. Pre poured my gatorade into my fuel belt bottles last night so I was ready to hit the trails.

There was a big crowd out this morning to start at 7. Wonder how many the 8 o'clock group got... They go too fast and Wild Bill promised me and A 100 mile pace so that sounded more like our cup of tea, despite the early start.

Hopefully F will be able to get me the photo he took but this was the crowd minus A and I.

I had told A we were going to do 6-8 miles, maybe 10 if we felt good. Well 2 hours later we were just hitting the towpath and had another 7 or so miles back to the start. So 3 hours and ~18 miles later we finished. I hope she wasn't too peeved with me. F and R shared their fluids and some nutrition with her, but we were both pretty hungry afterwards. Had a great breakfast at Fishers after some good stretching and putting up our legs.

I felt absolutely great today. I think this may have been the best run I have ever had. The trails are so much more forgiving than the road. I don't even feel like I ran. It was absolutely gorgeous out and the company was great. I have been on a running high ever since.

Came home and David and I went out for burritos then I went and did the second half of Curly Su's Wildflower spin class to spin out any lactic acid. The legs still feel great (knock on wood) Had a very rewarding brownie sundae and a spinach pie. Looking forward to a few beers tonight!

Oh and as an added bonus they gave me the locker number 77 at the gym before the spin class today which is my lucky number. I think someone is smiling down on me today and it feels good.

ps. We saw a coyote wading in the river during our trail run. How cool is that?

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, the trails are so much more forgiving. "A" must be a good friend. I know many of my running friends would not have been as forgiving if I ran them 10 more miles than said run was supposed to be.

Anonymous said...

Was good to see you today...glad your day went so well!

Rae said...

Awesome job on the running and spinning!

I love Burritos. I could live on them, I swear!

What's your email? We need to talk about the pig!

Trisaratops said...

I heart trails! A coyote??? Around here????!!!! WOW! Great run!!!

qcmier said...

So how did you come up with 77 as a lucky number?

Backofpack said...

Wow - 18 miles and a spin class! You rock!

Toasty said...

WOW ..... what an awesome day .... thanks for sharing it.

Eric said...

We need to talk about your training for the JFK. Aimee is thinking of going looooooooooong next year and you two may need to talk. Yesterday was a beautiful day to be outside. Post your points.

E-Speed said...

I'll never tell qc!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

What a day!!! Maybe I could get away with eating a brownie sunday, too, if I did that much training. You definitely ROCK!

onepinkfuzzy said...

yay, a trail run, woo hoo!!!

Bolder said...

girl in grey under armour

scha-wing!

i'm a sucker for women in UA to start off with, but that's outstanding.

guy on far left, dude's into serious hydration... ultimate water bottles rock!