Track Me...

as I race the Boston Marathon on Monday!

B.A.A. Site is going to update every 5k split via the web. My number is 9465.

Just in case don't worry about me if those splits all of a sudden drop off. Last year my parents had the cell updates and they stopped getting them after the 10K. I was injured so they thought I had stopped. Boy were they surprised to see me at 26 miles when they were about to go check the med tent for me ;)

Still not sure of my race plan but for those tracking I would say look for anywhere from 7:45 to 8:45 per mile pace. Putting me finishing between 3:25 and 3:45. For comparison I ran Boston last year in 3:49. Depending on conditions this year I am 99% confident I will be happy with anything under 3:50.

Girls Night Out was last night but only 4 of us this time. I got some wisdom from the girls to think about during the race. Some funny, some serious. It will be weird not having my unofficial mentors with me this time.

Flight leaves bright and early tomorrow morning. I am staying with Risko tonight so we don't forget to wake up and go to the airport. I still haven't packed so that will have to get done tonight.

Thanks everyone for your kind wishes! It truly does mean a lot to me!

20 comments:

EostreEgg said...

I fully expect you to kick some booty, young lady! Good luck!

Bolder said...

Rock that course Elizabeth!

Definetly will look for your splits -- Bold is cheerin' you on!!

Kurt in Boston said...

Current forecast - partly cloudy, 55 degrees, and a Boston PR.

Trisaratops said...

I'm prayin' for some good weather for ya!! You'll kick BUTT out there--have a blast and can't wait to read the report! :)

Papa Louie said...

Have a great race! Enjoy and have fun! We'll be tracking and cheering you on!

Eric said...

Good luck. Can't wait to hear about the fun.

Backofpack said...

Run, baby, run! Can't wait to hear about it. Good luck!

Iron Jayhawk said...

I am SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!! You are going to ROCK on Monday. :)

I'm looking forward to following you during the race!! Now go kick some assphault!

Anonymous said...

Run like the wind, Elizabeth! :) Good luck, I know you'll do well!

Chad said...

Have a great race, Elizabeth!

D said...

Good luck Elizabeth!

Love2Run said...

Might see you around the start. I'm 7770 and my shorts will give me away. Good luck!

Lora said...

Go shake up Boston!!

Carrie said...

Knock 'em dead! Good luck to you.

Unknown said...

Good luck and have fun in Boston. I will be virtually cheering for you and all the others.

KBGee said...

Don't forget to relax and enjoy the experience...you'll do great.

Duncan Larkin said...

Best of luck Elizabeth. Race smart. Run judicious.

Trifrog said...

I always wonder if it makes folks nervous to have people tracking them? I will be 'virtually' cheering for you the whole way.

Rae said...

You're going to do awesome!!! I'll be tracking you all day Monday!

Cory said...

Damn! I gotta do errands, but I should be back for the tail end.