The world is our playground

Tonight on the way home I watched as a runner leaped back and forth over a chain link fence and it made me smile.

I thought to myself that the world is indeed my playground. As a runner and triathlete I can find fun almost anywhere.

Today I was able to enjoy the sunny warm weather with a morning bike ride. Then in the afternoon I got in a swim.

Sometimes with all the miles to log and the schedules to follow it is easy to forget about why we train. It's because we enjoy it, because we have fun doing it.

All the training brings you closer to your race goals. You get to a race and a whole town, perhaps a whole city shuts down for you. So you can play all morning with your like minded friends.

This past weekend literally people all over the world got out and played during the Simply Stu Tri. V. Cool!

I had an amazing time in my first tri of the season. I went and swam at the Y then headed down to Hinckley Hills to ride and run with new friends. DaisyDuc and I ended up tackling the hills together. It was chilly out but we had a good time. I will try to post some video despite being extremely embarrassed of my on camera persona. If anyone knows some free editing tricks (Cliff!) please let me know!

Some fun pics from the weekend and Tuesday:

Yes thats snow on my car the morning of the tri!

The trusty steed!

Fixing DaisyDucs Flat

Transition Rack!

On the Run!

Finished!

Proud Finisher!

Dirty Mizunos from Sundays trails

So did you get out and play today?

19 comments:

Backofpack said...

Maybe jumping back and forth over the fence is some kind of new tempo work out.

Looks like you were having fun this weekend!

Papa Louie said...

Congratulations on your fun triathlon! I like all the help that is given to one another in this great sport.

Trisaratops said...

Very fun times!!! We need to go for a ride soon! It's starting to warm up....woo hoo!! :)

Cliff said...

u sure u went for a run? U hardly broke a sweat ;)

Cliff said...

Do u want me to edit the clip for u? N/p..just send it over..of course, i don't do it for free. :P j/k..

or are u saying u need help posting it on line???

E-Speed said...

Cliff, I want to be able to edit out the bad stuff and put music in the background and stuff. Your swim video was so cool! So I was thinking maybe you knew a trick or two.

I was just going to use You Tube to upload to the internet but I wasn't sure what program to use for editing.

Toasty said...

Well you just know we did ..... it's all good fun!

EostreEgg said...

Speaking of "world as your playground", I know a couple kids who do Free Running (aka Parkour). It's totally wild; you should check it out!

A. M. Mericsko said...

Congrats! You rock!!

D said...

Congrats Elizabeth. I will get out and play after work! Great post. ..and by the way, I've stayed on the track for the soft surface because unfortunately, the foot is not 100% but getting closer. It is a great for mental conditioning as well as physical!

Cliff said...

Elizabeth,

I don't know how tech savvy u are. But the software i use is call Ulead VideoStudio 9 (http://www.ulead.com/vs/runme.htm). It is quite user friendly.

The best part is that it comes with like a 60 day trial so i just install it on my work comp and played with it.

Music I just find it off the net. There is a lto of free sample songs.

Have a blast. There is another website that allows upload as well. I had some prob with youtube b/c the resolution that they are displaying is too blurry.

Cory said...

You look so different without glasses. You just almost seem like the kind of girl that was born with them on.

The (IRON) Clyde said...

Wow, Daisy has some hairy legs!

Haha...

E-Speed said...

guess I should clarify that the last pic is of mine and B's (Male) shoes ;)

Black Knight said...

Very nice pictures and the Mizunos don't look so dirty. I am sure that they spent worse adventures!

Janet Edwards said...

I cannot wait to get off work and play on the playground! So many toys, so little time!

...and perhaps my legs were hairy that day, but I'll never tell!

BuckeyeRunner said...

I sure did! A nice 3 miler in the sunny evening, and then a quick dip in the pool. Ahhhhh....

Rae said...

I love seeing other runners!! And I LOVE this warmer weather! I wish I could just chill on our deck all day with a certain little b&w dog stretched out all over the place!

TGIF!

Duncan Larkin said...

That does it. You wear Mizunos--the best trainers in the world? I'm now hooked to your blog.