Busy Weekend

As always right?

Had a nice day by myself Friday. Had a super swollen throat so I stayed home to recuperate. Throat is still a little sore but I am feeling better. Still feel like I could use a day of complete rest but I'll take what I can get.

Went to a sorority sisters wedding yesterday and had a very nice time. It is always stressful to "go back." It is hard to know just how everything will go. I had a major freak out Friday night when I realized I had no clue what I was going to wear. Su came to my rescue as I was able to send her pictures of outfits for her judgement.
I ended up last minute realizing I had some skirts put away in the attic and found the "wedding appropriate" floral skirt, yesss saved!

Had to go with flip flops for shoes but oh well. I think everyone realizes I am certainly no fashion guru!

Saw a bunch of college friends at the wedding and realized a few of them aren't as far from us as we thought so hopefully we will be seeing them more frequently.

This morning I completely slept through the alarm and woke up an hour after I wanted to. I was supposed to be in Strongsville at 8 to help with TNT water stops, I woke up at 7:20. Yikes so I literally threw on a sweatshirt and headed out in my PJs. I made it 5 minutes late but before they had headed out onto the run. At least the PJs made me more visible at the water stop!

Went out to Panera afterwards with my mentees then headed home to change for Su's recital.

Took a 15 minute powernap and headed out.

Su's recital went really well, hopefully she was able to raise a good chunk of cash for LLS.

Several CTC bloggers showed up. What a classy bunch of new friends I have made! Very exciting! Qcmier, TriEric, and Trisaratops were all out for Su's event. It was very nice to see them all on a Sunday (even if it wasn't because we were running or cycling)

Tomorrow starts official Steelhead Base Training. Hopefully I am going to go check out one of the many pools I am considering. I think I may just suck it up and get a gym membership somewhere...where to is the question.

I am off to drink some OJ and hot tea and try to put this sore throat to rest.

15 comments:

Backofpack said...

Sounds like a nice weekend. What a beautiful stained glass window in the first picture!

Kewl Nitrox said...

Hi, I have a bad throat too - lost my voice. :(

Here's praying that the two of us get rid of our sore throats soon and get right back to training.

I enjoyed the mental scene of someone handing out drinks in their PJ. ;)

qcmier said...

Glad to see you at the recital. Amazing how different we all look in person instead of through a blog, or even workout gear? That first outfit looks familiar...

Cory said...

Sore throats are quite nasty. I manage about one a year. Get well.

Trisaratops said...

Very fun weekend and an awesome recital! Good to see you there! Thanks for happening to pick my raffle ticket...hee hee! Gonna use it for some new tires...:)

Cliff said...

Thanks for yoru comment, Elizabeth.

Yeah u guys talk about me..i feel so special :P. I hope your sore throat goes away. I love those gatorade with so many different colors. I am trying to buy all the flavours...i can make a rainbow :D.

Papa Louie said...

You get an A for your team support and being there for your friend at the recital. Now get some rest so your throat heals. But don't drink the kool-aid.

psbowe said...

No sore throats now, hope you get to feeling lots better soon. Nice photos, all evidents of a great time. Tea will definitely help, plus maybe some honey with it to coat the throat a bit...

Janet Edwards said...

Sounds like a busy weekend and an accomplishment to fit all that in while nursing a sore throat. Good luck with your official training start!

Unknown said...

Hope you're feeling better.

Legs and Wings said...

lemon tea with honey...and grind up some ginger...garlic and drink up! Good for whatever ails you.

You load such great real-life photos Eliz. I like the pink floral...

Toasty said...

I hope the sore throat goes quickly. I especially like the water stop in TNT colours.

Cycling Under The Influence said...

I know it is a long way off, but I can't wait to hear about Steelhead. I am considering making that trip this year or next, especially since it is an Ironman 70.3 qualifier now. Hope you feel better!

Unknown said...

doin' the ooga-booga-go-away-cold/heal-quickly-calf dance for ya.

Rae said...

Love all the pics! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun at the recital and the wedding.

I hope your sore throat is better!