Faster than a speeding bullet?

Hmm. Any other Clevelanders swam at the Downtown Y before? After two swim workouts there I am doubting the claims of the pool being 25 yards. It is possible that I could have swam these splits but it is more likely I am a little slower... I guess I could be swimming at this speed, maybe I adapt when I know it will be light yardage? I wonder if they would be offended if I came with my tape measurer next time...Problem is I don't think I should be this slow if it is 20 yards...hmmm lets hope it is 25 or at least more than 20 ;)

If the pool is indeed 25 yards todays workout put me at almost 27 miles of swimming so far this year. That is already more than I swam in all of 2005. Damn I was a slacker last year!

For what its worth here's my splits if the pool is indeed 25 yards:

Total Swim 1500 yards in 29 minutes

warm up
400 free

drills
50 catch up
50 fingertip drill
50 slow arm recovery
50 fist drill
2*50 (25 head down/25 free)

main set
3*200 steady effort with 20 second rests
3:11.97
3:10.53
3:10.25

cool down
50 back
50 breast
100 free

3 comments:

Trisaratops said...

Hope it's 25 for ya...that would rock! But I know the other 2 Y's I've been at in the area are both 20. It really effs with my head to try and get used to counting "fives" instead of "fours!" :)

Toasty said...

The pool is 25m when you swim it lengthwise ...... you should have noticed that you were going from one side to the next by all the rope lanes you had to cross!

Cory said...

There's more ambient spiritual energy in Parma, mannnnn. Course, then again, the only time I get to see Cleveland itself is when I'm coming in from Pgh on Greyhound. Maybe that's just not an ambiently spiritual part of cleveland. I need to sneak in on my own when Carnegie Mellon (WSoc) plays Case.

Cleveland rocks, though. At least the grannyburbs.