Easy 5 miler and fun memories


Ahahaha I TOTALLY forgot about this picture. At the Columbus Expo the national guard was taking photos of people with this car. I don't even know this guy! HILARIOUS! Been going through all those boxes of random crap that never got officially put away and the photo card thingy was in one :)

Pushing my swim to tomorrow so I don't have to do two workouts today. Went out after work and ran 5 easy miles in the dark 9:10 pace. 2.5 miles up and 2.5 miles down :) Focusing on running tall and keeping my arms from swinging side to side in front of my body. I am such a lazy runner, I just go with whatever is comfortable. If I would just focus for awhile on better upper body form I am sure I would reap the benefits. Kinda like transitions in triathlons, free minutes if you'll just put in a little effort.

I have a way overactive imagination, so running in the dark by myself is probably not the wisest decision. I always call my husband and let him know where I am running and how far and long but you still get a little uneasy running by yourself in the dark. Oh well its done and none of those moving trees jumped out and got me ;)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry i missed your call...i was out on the bike, unbelievably! glad you survived the run...

Tammy said...

Suuuuuuuuure. Like we're supposed to believe you posed for a picture with a complete stranger? You're standin' kinda close, too. Hmmmm.

Backofpack said...

I love running in the dark! Been doing it for years - I have all sorts of routes through neighborhoods with street lights. Or I wear my headlamp. Glad you overcame your fears and did it.

Mike said...

I hear you regarding running in the dark..back in cali I used to worry a lot about the local wildlife in the area (mountain lions)while doing the pitch dark shuffle.
It doesn't hurt to carry some pepper spray too...fits right in your hand and also conveniently fits in a jersey pocket while cycling. You never know who you might encounter out there so good thing you have an overactive imagination- having your "guard up" and being aware is a plus!

Cycling Under The Influence said...

I know it can be a little dangerous, but I find running alone in the cool night inspirational sometimes. It's nice to go off and daydream a little. Nice Pic!

D said...

Yeah - running in the dark is FREAKY some times. My imagination can go wild as well during these runs. Those are the types of runs that you hear even the faintest of noises because our attention level is HIGH. Glad the tress didn't get you! Good job on the virgin spin class!

Cliff said...

Do national guard drive that car to work? :)

Legs and Wings said...

It's a bit wierd when the street lights end...and the blackness begins, but I like running with just the stars turned on. Rural reality!

Brings to mind my favorite place/time to run: Along the endless beach here in Nova Scotia pre-dawn. Just me and the seagulls.

Janet Edwards said...

Way to suck it up ang go outside! If it is already dark when I need to run, I always use the dreadmill...but in my neighborhood if I run in the dark, it is likely I will miss a pile of pile of horse crap and end up with stinky feet!

Black Knight said...

I am sure that you are faster than that car!

BuckeyeRunner said...

You can't ever be too careful running solo in the dark. Better safe than sorry.

Rae said...

That's an awesome photo! I love random ppl, I always wonder how many people's photo albums I'm in and I'll never know about it.