All right already

I feel like I have been drilled with guilt about getting a bike fitting. Its on all the podcasts, all the blogs, and we got hammered to do it at the CTC meeting. So I just made the call and will be going on Monday at 6PM to get my bike fitted to me. I don't have any large issues but my one foot always starts to feel "funny" after an hour or so. Since purchasing the bike I have added aerobars so I probably need some readjustment (I am clueless!). And since I plan on upping my longest ride this year I should probably get comfy on the bike.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed that they won't tell me my bike is too whacky to properly fit me! And lets hope they do a good job because geeze this ain't gonna be cheap.

Now lets just hope I can get my bike into my car. I miss my truck :(

Last night was too nice to skip my run. I had absolutely NO desire to go and run around my neighborhood by myself though. So I called Su and conned her into going out for a second 5 mile run. I truly thought I had an easy 5 miler on tap so that's what we did. Around 9:40 pace. Looked today and I was supposed to do tempo. Ooops. Oh well. Even though CH is "close" to me it is impossible to get there quickly. Last night I came home a different way than I normally went and while it may have been the same time in the car it was a much smoother drive, less lights, more pretty things to look at. So I will be taking that route from now on.

Busy weekend ahead as always but I am happy to say that I got some of the chores taken care of this morning before coming into work. Totally ready for some rest this weekend. Busy couple of days at work and my head is spinning.

Have a great weekend everyone!

6 comments:

Papa Louie said...

Let us know how the bike fitting goes. If you take your front wheel off you should be able to fit it in the back seat of your car. I squeeze mine (with aero bars) into my daughters little nissan sentra. Have a good weekend.

Scott said...

For all the running, swimming and biking you do girl... you deserve kick ass legs! Enjoy them ... use them ... just don't take them for granted.

Toasty said...

My mind wondered at the whacky bike and bet they will say that the spokey-dokes are not aerodynamic.

Lynne said...

Bike racks make the whole bike thing with a car much easier. They can cost a lot for a good one though.

Bolder said...

if nothing else, the bike fit will give you confidence with your ride.

bet you a dollar and a donut they lower your handlebars and your saddle.

Violet said...

When I grow up I want a body like that girl in your video...now...if only I could figure out how to stop eating.

Good luck with the bike.