Don't give up on me!

I got out and ran today! Yesss! (ala Napoleon)

A and I ran 8.5 miles on the towpath at a slightly later hour so as to recover from last nights festivities. It was absolutely gorgeous out today! But extremely windy. Our splits on the way out averaged about 8:30-8:40 and on the way back into the wind around 9:10. It was extremely muddy so we ran mostly on the side of the towpath in the grass. I felt pretty good, but regretted the large breakfast I had beforehand. I guess when they say to eat before running they dont mean to eat 3 pancakes, 2 scrambled eggs, and hash browns with a few cups of coffee?

I have managed to be productive all day up until this point at which I think I am throwing in the towel and am going to go curl up with my RW issue that just arrived. I still need to clean my car but I am not sure if I have the motivation after all the dishes, laundry, and picking up I have done. At least the house is starting to look a wee bit better. I love having guests but it is hard to keep the place in order the whole weekend they are here.

5 comments:

Backofpack said...

I already spent part of the day with RW and a cup of hot tea. It's a nice way to relax! Have fun.

RunDave said...

That's a lot of food, I'm surprised you weren't hurling it up during the run.

What is a towpath?

Trisaratops said...

I'm feeling ya! Just woke up a little bit ago....our friends were in town and their 30th b-day party ended up at our place, so they could play Euchre until 4AM.......FOUR!!!! Ugh. Should make this 90 minute run I gotta do interesting! :)

E-Speed said...

dave- tow path is the path along a canal that they used to pull the boats through the canal. Since the canals aren't really used anymore they keep them up ad biking/running trails.

Rae said...

I feel a little gross just thinking about running after reading about your yummy breakfast! I think I'd vomit for sure but I have a weak running stomach.

I'm so jealous! My RW hasn't arrived yet. Maybe tomorrow!