1st Annual Simply Stu Worldwide Triathlon

Had a simply great morning! Woke up early and got ready for my first tri of the season. SimplyStu sent an awesome shirt and a fuelbelt and I was pumped up to get out on my bike for this one!

It snowed last night here in Ohio and it is still snowing out now, just the white dust though, nothing's sticking. Still not exactly what I was hoping for on my first outdoor ride ;)

So here's the splits

Swim (450-500 yards) I am pretty sure I did 500 but I may have missed a 50 in there
7:30.03
T1
1:27:08 (Thats 87 minutes in T1 kids!)
Bike (15 Miles)
1:03.04
T2
8:47.61
Run (3 Miles)
26:43.19
Finish: 3:13:14

Well I definitely need to work on transitions this season as these were my slowest ever ;)

I have a case of writers block so I will post more about this later. Suffice it to say I am happy with the days workouts! I have some video and pictures that I will hopefully be able to put up from the event!

8 comments:

The (IRON) Clyde said...

Am I reading something wrong....I don't think it took you 3 hours to complete it......I think you added wrong somewhere...

Good job...I'm about to start mine in 45 minutes.

The (IRON) Clyde said...

Never mind...I read wrong.....I thought you meant 1 minute in T1...not one hour...haha

Mike said...

Hey!
Finally found someone slower then me in T1! ;-)

Papa Louie said...

Congrats on your first tri! Good to see you out on the Hinkley Hills. You were a great sport being with and helping DaisyDuc out.

Rae said...

Great job!! But maybe you can work on your T time this season! =)

Drew Holmes said...

nice job, yeah maybe some shoes that are easier to get on would cut down on the 1 hour transition time. :) NICE JOB!!!! I thought It was a fun event so early in the year for sure. I will do it again next year for sure. nice spring training game for the fans to watch with zero pressure.

Janet Edwards said...

It was great getting to chat it up with ya out there on the course. Thanks for keeping me company as I dealt with the chain and the tire issues!

Trifrog said...

It was nice meeting you on Saturday and thanks for the comments on my blog.

Helpful transition tip: Try to avoid triathlons where T1 is a long distance from the swim exit. But 87 minutes is still not too bad for a 20-mile barefoot run. Did you remove your wetsuit as soon as you got out of the water or in T1?