Burnt Out?

Okay seriously you know you have been at the office too long when you try to open the door to the female bathroom with your automatic car door unlocker.

Seriously. Am I the only one who has ever done this?

On the running front I am on a week long hiatus in an attempt to stop wahetever this thing is ailing my calf. I have an eerie feeling it is achilles tendonitis. I haven't tried to run since Sunday but it still hurts when walk up or down stairs. Blah.

I am a super lazy runner. If I can't run I don't want to do anything else. Major athletic character flaw. I mean seriously it is soooo much easier to go out for a run than to drive to the pool or change out your tire and get on the trainer, damn cold March weather. So I haven't swam or cycled this week yet either. Perhaps this is what my body needed though because some of the other aches and pains that I have just kind of been living with are not bothering me now.

I am super pumped about Boston despite this calf injury but I am honestly looking forward to a break from the running this summer (note lazy runner becomes avid cyclist in good weather). Steelhead is going to be a great experience. I am pumped up to ride my bike a lot more this year. A and I are planning on doing a century ride and a bunch of longer hilly rides that I am pumped about.

So hopefully the hiatus from strictly running this summer will set me up with a good fitness level so that when I jump back into the running for Chicago Marathon and JFK I will be fresh and ready to fly.

Been listening to all the podcasts this week, I actually got chills listening to Zen and the Art of Triathlon's Rocky Racoon coverage. WOW! I am so excited about JFK! It is definitely going to go down as a super experience regardless of results.

Now I just have to get there healthy.

13 comments:

Cliff said...

Elizabeth....

Yes u are in the office for too long. I have done that before. I have tried opening my home with the office key. Or at home dialing office extension by habit. This is truly a bad sign.

So now at work, i try to slack as much as possibel :P..

I am glad u put that Cake video up a while back. I download the song..totally inspiring :D.

Trisaratops said...

Hey!!

Hope the calf feels better! I know what ya mean...if I can't run I'm just all thrown off. Hope it gets better soon! It's warmin' up (or so I hope) and I can't wait to do some long rides with ya! Woo hoo!

Janet Edwards said...

Well perhaps this time will do you some good and you will have a speedy recovery.

I think we are all waiting for this weather to turn!

Legs and Wings said...

Hi Elizabeth, hopefully a bit of time off will help your calf. Don't be discouraged. Wait it out.

The key story reminded me of the goofiest workish thing I ever did. Wore one blue sock and one brown sock...yes, it was dark when I got dressed. One of my co-workers pointed it out at a board meeting.

Papa Louie said...

Like you said you probably need the rest. Take care!

Anonymous said...

I do the a similar thing with my keys - I try to use my apt key for my room at work and my school room key for my apt. I do a lot of other stupid stuff that also indicates I spent way too much time dealing with work. Oh, well.

Hope your calf feels better soon and that it's not anything serious!

Toasty said...

Does trying out the automatic garage door opener on the ladies bathroom count? I think I might be a little off on what you meant!

Scott said...

I hope your calf gets better.

Re: using your car door unlocker for the bathroom - it only gets worse with age. Once, I gave several witnesses my home phone number instead of my work number... duh... I only discovered this when one of them called me at home while I was in the shower. Still half asleep, I couldn't wrap my head around why this person was calling me at home wanting to know what time Court was... I got so discombobulated that I must have sounded like a babbling idiot...

Did your hubby get the grill constructed... it all looks a bit tentative in your photos?

Backofpack said...

A week of rest will probably help. Ice and ibuprofin during that week will help too.

I'm with you on the lazy runner thing. I like to run - that's it, nothing else.

Mike said...

Burned out...i can definitely relate...my typical flub when getting loopy at work is trying to open the secured doors with whatever is in my hand vs. the actual security badge...I always wonder who may have caught me trying to open the doors with my lunch or coffee cup- not good!
Hope you calf comes around with some rest!

CJ said...

I have repeatedly tried to open our front door with the car remote!

Sounds like a rest probably is in order - that calf pain doesn't sound too good. I'm a bit like you at the moment - if I'm not running I can't bring myself to do anything else either. Its a real hassle to go to the pool and I just can't be bothered getting my bike out of the shed and dusting it off - its probably covered in spiderwebs by now.

Black Knight said...

Trust me, I never tryed to open the door of the female bathroom with my automatic car door unlocker!

Anne said...

You might be surprised at how quickly you spring back with fresh legs, provided the calf responds well in the next few days to all the rest. Good luck on the healing front.