Snowy Group Run

Several of my "readers" hah that is weird. V. cool that there are so many of us out there who get geeked about reading about others workouts. pretty cool. Anyways back to the point. Some of my readers have made comments about my posse :) that I seem to take everywhere I go.

Honestly all of the credit for this has to go to Team in Training. If you are looking for a way to add some additional meaning to your next marathon, triathlon, or century ride you should seriously consider doing an event with TNT. I have made some of the best friends ever through this group. And guess what? They aren't slow! And they aren't back of the packers which is what a lot of people believe to be true of TNT. Quite the contrary some of my fastest friends are active participants with TNT. People that join this group are WONDERFUL people. I don't think I have met a bad seed yet, although some could argue that I am rather strange...but what do they know ;)

Anyways my point being I didn't just get this crew of friends by sitting on my duff :) My other group of friends that I train and race with are from my local running club. They are amazing! I also would not have connected with them though if my TNT coach hadn't been a member.

So if you are like me and you like training with a group I highly recommend TNT or go to the next group workout of your local club. What could it hurt right?

Last night we had a few newbies at the group run so I got to take it easy. Plus the trail wasn't exactly "clean" of snow. We did 3 loops with a few out and back to bathrooms, parking lot for camera etc. So I figure around 6.25 miles. The second loop we did an Indian run. It was really quite fun and made the loop go by much faster. For those unfamiliar with the concept we ran in a line and the person in the back has to speed to the front. The line runs at the same pace while the person in the back runs fast to get to the front. So a good "fartlek" workout if you have a group.

I got to run the last lap with my mentee SS. He did a great job. I can't wait to see him and BB cross the finish line in Cleveland in May!!!

6 comments:

Rich said...

Hi Elizabeth - it's going around again; check out my site for instructions!

Tammy said...

sounds like you are an awesome mentor! My TNT group isn't that supportive. I always run alone. I made several great friends thru the cycling program, and heard great things about the marathon program, but it's been a bit of a disappointment. But I'm happy to be raising $ for the cause - that's what it's all about !!

Rae said...

How many TNT events have you done? I haven't done one yet, but it seems like they have a lot of comoraderie (sp?) with each other. There are purple jerseys everywhere at the big events!

E-Speed said...

tammy- I think this may be a triathlete thing. Most of the people I have stayed close with are the triathletes. They also seem to be the most pumped up about actual training.

Rae- I have actually fundraised for 2 events but I have mentored 3 triathlons in addition to that and am mentoring for the Cleveland marathon right now. It is definitely cool to participate in purple! Everyone cheers for you!

Unknown said...

I heard that to be in TNT you must believe that the Earth was populated by aliens that live in dormant volcanos ...

Wait, no, that's Scientology.

What does the TNT cult preach?

E-Speed said...

cy- hmm I am not sure. I know that I try to teach all of my mentees to choose the races with good food...