Indoor Tri

The indoor tri this morning went well. Despite having to wake up early and still having a killer headache (It came back right after the swim, and is still bothering me, hopefully a good nights sleep will help) I had a good time.

My swim wasn't on par with what I can do during the season but I was happy with it. 48 lengths in a 25 yard pool in 20 minutes. Last time I think I did 54 or 55. Turns out Su's memory isn't that great and I did better than I thought ;) Last time I swam 49 lengths. There was a lady that did 57 today! Bada$$! I take that back, I just looked at results and that lady must have been seriously overinflating her swim. The longest swim was a guy at 56 laps. No one else was even close. One girl swam 50 laps and another 49. Still impressive.

The spin class wasn't as hard as last year but my quads are definitely feeling it. I am SO glad they didn't track the mileage on the bike.

The run was much better than last year (I assume, I couldn't be sure though) 2.78 miles (last time was 2.59). I hate treadmills. I should have pushed it a little harder from 15 to 17 minutes but I eased it off to push hard to the end. The first lady ran 2.91. She was 46 years young. Dang. I am mad at myself a little because I could have done that but oh well. Next time.

I ended up 2nd female overall (3rd overall, only one guy beat me!) (of course results are way skewed because of the bike not really counting). The top womans swim wasn't far enough behind me to make up for the run segment. But that is cool. I took second overall last time too. First in the age group and Su and A were right behind me to round it out. It is fun winning with your friends.

CK sent some awesome pics!!! Check them out below!

13 comments:

Tammy said...

How fun! Way to go...defending your title of 2nd place. The music should be a bit more exciting though...don't ya think? :)

BuckeyeRunner said...

Talk about bada$$! Way to go at the tri! Looks like you guys had a blast. What fun. Congrats on defending your 2nd place title. And it's not even tri season, yet!

E-Speed said...

tammy- yes, I looked for we are the champions but no vid for that :/

buckeyerunner-Thanks!

Anonymous said...

An indoor triathalon? Too cool! I'm a little jealous now.

Congratulations on doing such a great job. Hopefully next year you can win the whole thing.

Also hope your headache is gone today.

Cliff said...

Congrats...i wish i have a indoor tri where i live...

Unknown said...

Nice job Elizabeth. I love the idea of an indoor tri and I think they actually have something like that at the Y I go to. I guess I will have to do some investigating and maybe attempt it some day. I am a little afraid of the swimming portion.

Bolder said...

you really are fortunate to have such a great group of friends to participate, and motivate each other... well done!

p.s. you are number 7 in my alphabetical scan tally of word ver converts from da blogs i read ... i think we will be Mariah free by tomorrow thanks to your participation!

The (IRON) Clyde said...

Cool pix....man you guys alway have a posse everywhere you go...I need to get one of those.

Congrats on the finish!!! Oh yeah.

Unknown said...

You rule.

Why didn't the bike count?

I would love to do an indoor tri, but I may kill myself. (See video segment of the Race for the Cure on my site - I think I lost a kidney).

Anonymous said...

Hi there, new to your blog.
Awesome job on the indoor tri! A nice way to start the season...And great photos too.

I'm looking forward to one here in Minneapolis in February :)

Anonymous said...

Great job, and great pics!!!

Rae said...

Way to go!! Next year you'll be first!! Great pics, too.

E-Speed said...

Thanks everyone!