Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

We are having the family in to our place for the holidays. My parents are bringing my sis and my grandparents!!! I am pretty excited. A little worried about sleeping space. Especially since I am down one couch now and my husbands back does not allow for him to sleep on an aero bed. Alas it was an aero bed that actually did him in and caused the herniated disk in the first place. Ouch! He looks like he is in a lot of pain the past few days. I feel bad that there is nothing I can do to help. And to top that off he has been super busy at work.

To make up for my day off yesterday I was at work for close to 11 hours today. I had a TON of work emails this morning. Nothing like a bunch of last minute requests before the holidays. I accomplished a lot but not as much as I would have liked. If anyone can reccommend a GIS/Arcview tool that delineates watersheds to a point coverage of my choice please let me know...

I thought about doing pilates tonight before bed, but I have been on a mission to finish all of the leftover wine from the house party and I am feeling a bit "happy" for pilates I think...but I am EXTREMELY indecisive so the pilates may still be in the cards...I have tons of room for them now that I have no couch.

SERC has a Christmas eve run Saturday morning which I just conned my baby sis into doing (insert evil laugh here) It is a bear of a course but I promised her we could go slow and that we don't have to do the full course. Last year I did 13 with WildBill and it was definitely not easy. At the time though I hadn't run since Thanksgiving. My sis has never run further than 6.2 but I think if we take it easy she should be able to do the 8 mile loop with me. I will be able to get in some hills as an added bonus! We can always turn back after 3 if she isn't feeling up to it. It will be nice to get out in the morning with her.

I think my sis is bringing her row machine and if I get my trainer for Christmas we can also do an indoor workout together, yes! I know WAY too excited about cycling, even for my own taste. But my bike is SO lonely out in the garage. I can't wait to bring her in!

It will be nice to do something besides running this winter. Last year I upped my mileage significantly for Boston and ended up injured. I am going to focus on keeping the cycling and swimming part of my routine for Boston, that way I can hopefully prevent injury and get a headstart on base training for Steelhead.

Speaking of I need to set out a training plan with the quickness. I have been flying by the seat of my pants for far too long now ;)

Thanks so much to everyone who has stopped by and left me comments. I will make time to answer them all I promise!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

"I have been on a mission to finish all of the leftover wine"

Is there anything else left to say?

E-Speed said...

haha :) Very True Rob :)

Bolder said...

Happy Holidays!

Nice profile pic too.

E-Speed said...

thanks bold...i am toying around with it...got tired of looking at my back ;)

Ruth said...

Hey! Randy did invite me to the happenings so no worries. I'll give you my actual e-mail when we come. (Yeah, we coming...you can expect our offical RSVP to arrive soon.) I'm excited to see the new place!!!

ShoreTurtle said...

It sounds like a full house! Have fun!

brent d. said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS! Have a wonderful day!

E-Speed said...

sweet Ruth! See you next week!

Shoreturtle. We were pretty packed but it was definitely a good holiday weekend!

A. M. Mericsko said...

oh boy, i hear ya about the wine being tempting!!