Quickie

I am super tired so I am going to try to keep this succinct (may be hard considering how verbose I have become).

I survived yesterdays 3 workouts and even managed to make it to the pool this morning after minimum sleep (albeit 30 minutes later than usual). In order to make Thursday a little less stressful than yesterday I got my Thursday run in tonight downtown. I am hoping to catch a cat nap tomorrow between work and the master swim class which should result in me making it on time to Friday mornings swim.

Last nights Master swim class was definitely a good workout. I found myself in a position I am not often a part of in the running world. I was definitely the weak link last night and tried my best to hide it from everyone. My "runner conscience" kept questioning me during the sets though. Why are you doing this? You aren't a swimmer. Stop this nonsense now! You don't have to swim these sets as fast as everyone else! But luckily my "swimmer conscience" got the better of me and I did finish the whole workout on all of the stated send off times! (despite a charlie horse in my foot during the 100s even!)

Thats all I have the energy to post for now. More to come later!

Stats below:

Tuesday Run: 6 miles in around 53 minutes
Tuesday Master Swim Class: Total Yards 3450 in 70 minutes.
3*300
1 free
2 every 4th length back
3 50 free 50 drill
3*150 kick on 3:20
16*100 (sets of 4: 1:40 send off 70%, 80%, 90% 2:00 send off 50%
10*50 odds 37.5 yards sprint evens 12.5 yards sprint

Wednesday Swim: Total 3700 Yards in 80 minutes
4*(200, 50 pull, 50 drill) fist, catch up, sar, triple back
175 free, 25 breast 4:00 send off
150 free, 50 brest 4:10 send off
125 free, 75 breast 4:15 send off
100 free, 100 breast 4:30 send off
75 free, 125 breast 4:40 send off
50 free, 150 breast 4:55 send off
25 free, 175 breast 5:05 send off
200 breast 5:10
(all done with 15 seconds rest because I couldn't make even send offs, my breast stroke is weak!)
400 pull
10*50 on 1:00 send off (easy down, sprint back)

Wednesday PM Run: 7 Miles Easy 65 minutes

ps. My husband is the BESTEST ever!!! So nice to come home after a long day to a real dinner!!!

8 comments:

Lucky number 7 said...

Well done!! This is quite an impressive workout schedule!! Which Triatholon are you training for?

Anonymous said...

Keep up the great work! Your workout puts most, well, mostly mine, to shame. Inspirational!

Toasty said...

Tuna?

E-Speed said...

toast? tuna? if that is in reference to the dinner nope he made me pasta with chicken and marinara sauce!

E-Speed said...

thansk angela.

marathena- i am training for steelhead, but will do a few sprints and maybe an olympic this spring and summer. This whoel swim camp nonsense is just because my friends doing wildflower are doing it and in order to stay on their "bad ass radar" I have to too. Really quite silly actually :)

Chad said...

With a title like "Quickie" I had to see what you were writing about. I was disappointed it was "just" about swimming.

E-Speed said...

zeke- there was running involved too ;)

Toasty said...

yes, tuna was in response to the dinner .... you are swimming so much i figured that you were becoming part dolphin or shark and that a marine diet was a natural reaction to being so appreciative of a "real" dinner ..... sushi will be next ... don't be surprise if you start salivating at pictures of seals