Oops

Ahahaha. I just went to confirm this mornings workout with the swim camp schedule. I am looking at Tuesday's AM workout and I am like, that is NOT the warm up I did...WTF? Then I realize I did Thursday mornings swim today. Whoops! What's even worse is that I printed it out Sunday night so I really have no excuse for mixing it up. Oh well I guess I will do Tuesdays swim on Thursday!

4 x (100 swim, 100 stroke, 50 drill) (alternate back and breast for stroke)
400 85%, 60 sec rest (6:47.84)
2 x 200 faster than 400 split, 15 sec rest (3:15.10, 3:16.28)
4 x 100 faster than 200 split, 15 sec rest (1:34.44, 1:34.19, 1:34.60, 1:36.13)
400 first and last 100 faster than previous 100s (6:27.98)
10 x 100 (25 kick, 25 back, 25 breast, 25 free)

CK was there coaching DM this morning. Not sure why more of the Wildflower peeps aren't taking advantage of CKs free lessons. I felt bad for him this morning. I mean he could be sleeping in or working out. But it looked like DM was really getting a good workout in! AND guess who CK met this morning? Flotsam and Jetsam!!! At first I thought that Jetsam had dropped Flotsam but it turned out he was just running late. Well I guess CK just couldn't help himself and he gave the guys some pointers! Well he says they were definitely improving and that they were really interested in his advice. They even asked him for private lessons! When I saw him go over to talk to them I just had to laugh to myself and swim on. With CK on their side now I am going to have to watch out ;) I will wait to see their progress before changing their nicknames though!

Other than doing the wrong workout this morning the swim went well. I slacked majorly on the warm up and cool down and chatted a bit more than usual. But I managed to get in 3600 yards in an hour and 20 minutes. (Too much rest!)

The long sets went over well. I was happy with the first 400 and followed through with the plan on all sets. I was a little confused as to how I would actually know if I had gone faster on the first and last 100 of the final 400. But then CK explained that I just need to look at the second hand and I should be able to calculate what second I should be crossing at for each 100. I know for sure I hit the first 100 under 1:34 for that but the last may have been right around 1:34 (foggy goggles). Still pretty cool that I dropped 20 seconds from the first 400 though.

Tonight is running then master swim. Fun times!

I am going to try and get around to posting a swim and run lingo explanation in my sidebar so my workouts aren't so confusing :)

9 comments:

Cliff said...

Do you write down your time on a piece of paper in the pool?? I would never imagine memorizing all those numbers.

E-Speed said...

Oh no Cliff :) I have a waterproof watch with splits so for the sets if I want to know my time I just press the split button when I finish the lap.

This is my watch: http://www.timex.com/bin/detail.tmx?item=753048122608

I want to get one with more splits/lap memory though eventually.

Ellie Hamilton said...

You did that workout this morning and this evening you're running and then doing masters swim? You are an Amazon.

Black Knight said...

Ellie said: you are an Amazon! Does she know that you are a "certified" Amazon? We are proud of you Lady Elizabeth winner everywhere: sky, sea and battlefields!

Toasty said...

At last F & J get some help .... way to go guys!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who does their workout, then realizes they did the wrong day. I'm not alone in the world!

Chicalookate said...

Love the new logo. I get tired just reading your posts. :)

Unknown said...

your swim workouts are an inspiration to a flounder like me!

Rae said...

That's so funny that they asked for private lessons! You'd better watch out, they may become little mermaids!