Ask

and ye shall receive.

I believe the most votes were to hear about what shall now be known forever as the panty man-handling incident.

Saturday we loaded up the hatchback and headed down to Canton so the boys could get their 40K game on. I decided it would be a good excuse for me to go shopping and stock up on some necessities since D lives right by a huge mall and a bunch of strip malls. A came down to go with me. I must confess that shopping was a lot more fun when I was young and spending my parents money rather than my own. Oh and when whatever you put on fit and looked good. Don't get me wrong though I had plenty of money to splurge so I didn't feel guilty spending it.

We hit up TJ Max first. I proceeded to try on about 12 pairs of jeans before settling on two pairs which I, of course after wearing for two days, have now decided didn't fit quite as well as I thought they did in the store. C'est la vie. I did get an underarmour tee for $12 which will come in handy. I should have known that this day was going to be a test of my shopping patience because we were in a line with one person ahead of us, the clerk had to go to the back of the store, so we moved to the next lane, where after we had waited behind that person the clerk there informed us she was closing and we needed to go to the service desk. We waited another 5 or so minutes for one of the two service desk clerks to finish with their shoppers when the first goes off on break and the girl that had told us she was closing announces that she can help us now at the service desk. Grrr. But that was only a glimpse of what was to come next.

After TJ Max we headed to Kohls. I love Kohls. Every two years or so I go and I spend $200 replenishing my wardrobe at Kohls. Well I will NEVER be going to the Kohls in Canton again!

I had intentions of stocking up on "intimates" while at Kohl's so we headed straight to that department. I refuse to pay tons of money for comfortable panties so I head to the clearance bin which announces 3 for $7.50, score! So I pick out some intimates and head on my way to stock up on socks and other boring intimates. We check out the shoe section but don't find anything. I find a sweater for $7 which is comfortable and looks good so we head to check out.

Right as we walk up a register opens. It is a man and he waves me over. I tell him no thanks and tell A she can go first, since I really would prefer for a woman to check me out as I have intimates on board. Well he insists that I come to his register. Ugggh. So I suck it up and place my mound of panties on the counter. He starts ringing everything out. I believe he was also a little flustered by the whole ringing out of my intimates, which may have been the reason for the chaos that was soon to ensue.

He finishes ringing me out and announces my total. Like I have mentioned before I usually spend about $200 on my Kohls trips so I didn't flinch when he asked me to cough up $140. I just dished it out, then after handing it over I thought, $140 for some intimates and socks? that doesn't sound right, I am not Jessica Simpson folks.

So I ask him if I can review the receipt. He rings out A with no issue as I figure out why my panties are costing a fortune. Well it turns out he was charging me full price for the 3 for $7.50 intimates. I explain the problem to him and he calls intimates section on the phone to ask if there are indeed any panties marked 3 for 7.50. I am told that it was an early bird special and that they must have forgotten to take down the sign. So he needs to re-ring everything for me. (Which I still don't grasp) Well he and another clerk start trying to fix my problem. I ask for a calculator and calculate that they owe me $36 back. Very simple math actually. Well this man insists on pulling out all my items and again scanning all of my intimates (By now I am extremely perturbed that my panties are being touched by gross register man for what feels like the umpteenth time, and I am contemplating vomiting) He scans them all through with the help of the other clerk and comes up with a new (wrong) total. I explain that the math they did was not correct and that they owe me more back than what they have shown.

So the lady takes over. She asks me to hand her back my change then she refunds me the $140 I gave them in the first place. Then she starts all over. This time she almost gets it right (I didn't realize until I got home that she did indeed still short me $1.50) but to make up for my inconvenience she gives me an additional 10% off. Which was nice but now I have to burn all of my panties to make sure that no gross register man germs are on them so I am still calling it a loss.

Oh and don't forget that this whole time (about 30 minutes, no I am NOT exaggerating) people keep getting in line behind us to watch my panties being man-handled and A keeps informing them they should go to another line, of course then they all look real close at what I am buying before heading to another register. So pretty much everyone who was shopping at the Canton Kohl's now knows my taste in undergarments, splendid.

Add to that the fact that I couldn't find any shoes in my size other than some really uncomfortable rain boots and some extremely too tall heels it was a frustrating day in the world of shopping. Oh and did I mention all of this took us over 5 hours?

Thank goodness for A. I probably would have come home empty handed if it weren't for the good company. To end the day on a positive note we went to one of my fave stores Pier 1 and A got me a much needed wicker waste basket! Hurrah for all things wicker!

Exploding appliances are next on the queue.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may not have enjoyed shopping, but I had fun :) Even with gross register man. At least we got in and out of Target ok!
Hope you enoyed the night out tonight!

Palm Beach Suzuki said...

i really like this song you have up on your blog right now. sorry about the man-handling :)

Danny said...

i wouldn't burn them. mr gross register guy is the only person who manhandled them - that you saw. those things go through a lot of hands before they make it to your home. (that's why you should always wash before wearing!)

look at the bright side: at least weren't actually wearing the panties when they were manhandled!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the clarification on the panty man handling incident. You should probably wash those before you wear them.

Anonymous said...

LOL, funny story. Will you ever go back to that store again?

EostreEgg said...

It must be something about Kohl's; every time I get a guy at the register, he's a total tit-starer.

Also, after having worked retail, a word of advice to all: never, NEVER wear panties before washing them first. Seriously, they've been on the floor, stepped on, you name it. Ick.

Ellie Hamilton said...

Too funny!!
The real story, of course, is that he saw you and your cargo in the other line, saw his chance, insisted on taking care of you himself, and made the initial mistake deliberately, knowing he'd get to keep you and your panties at his register for half an hour, and that he'd get to handle said panties multiple times during the extended transaction.

BuckeyeRunner said...

Ahhh! How funny! (not at the time, I'm sure, but in retrospect...)It reminds me of an old Golden Girls episode when the GG were buying condoms at a pharmacy, and the register guy made a huge production of it over the loudspeaker when asking for a price check.
Something like that would definitely happen to me. Maybe that's why I have been delaying buying new undies!

:) said...

...I NEED A PRICE CHECK ON A PURPLE, FRILLY THONG... (heard over the loudspeaker at Kohls...)

psbowe said...

OMG! Don't you just hate that, it like never fails, it always happens. I think I would just changed my mind about purchasing them and left with my $$.

LOL at what flatman said!

Steven said...

Funny story. We have our first Kohl's being built near-by. I'll warn my wife not buy her "intimates" there!

Josh Dysart said...

i am speechless. really. hilllarrious!

A. M. Mericsko said...

underwear humor is really funny! I can imagine that it felt like 5 hours!

Rich said...

Hey Elizabeth - just "Put On Your Big Girl Panties And Deal With It!"

Sorry, I could not resist ;)

Rae said...

Ha! I can't believe there aren't pictures. Some Tide and you'll be good to go!