Hills

8 Fantastic hilly miles tonight. It was a good run tonight. My ankle is still sore but not as bad as Sunday and the knee played nice. This could be due to the 20 minutes on off of icing I did all morning. I banished my old Mizuno's to the work shoe pile and will now only be running in my new fancy mizuno's :)

I usually try to get 300+ miles out of my shoes. But this pair of Mizuno's seems to have met its match around 250. I was told they might not last as long as other shoes. My last pair of saucony's I ran 300+ in until I got injured. Lets hope next time I trade shoes pre injury instead of post!

Tonight I got to the group run in time for an extra 2 mile loop beforehand with Su, B, and B2. We went a little quick for my tastes, 2nd loop slowed it down a wee bit with Su. 3rd and 4th we did a different routine than usual. We ran up the front 1/2 mile and back then up the back 1/2 mile and back, allowing ourselves to run up and down the monster hills. We hammered the hills and the boys took it easy off the hills while I was running slightly slower than tempo pace in order to keep up with them.

2 mile Splits:
16:35
17:53
15:23
15:14

Off to eat dinner! Hopefully a post on this weekend activities and a race run down will follow soon!

8 comments:

Backofpack said...

Nice job! I used to hear that 500 miles or 6 months was the rule of thumb, but lately have been hearing 400-500 miles, 4-5 months. Guess it depends on the shoe.

Unknown said...

This must be your Boston build-up. I usually try to get 500 miles out of my Brooks Adrenalines, but I can only get 300+ on my Brooks Burns before they start feeling like racing flats. I liked the looks of your new Mizuno's. I hope they work well.

psbowe said...

New shoes tend make you work harder in your workouts! Nice job!

Papa Louie said...

Nice workout!

Cliff said...

Great run.

Steven said...

Nice job on the run splits. FWIW, I replace my Asics GT-2110's after 400 and they are still in fairly decent shape. 250-300 seems pretty low to me?

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear your knee and ankle caused less of a fuss. Especially after such a hilly run. Horray for new shoes!

Bolder said...

stick a fork in them, they're done like Lance & Sheryl...

actually, do me a favour and write on one 'Lance', and the other 'Sheryl', and then throw them out for me -- i need the therapy -- i took the break up pretty hard.