A little bit of Vanity

While waiting for an LSPC run (work acronym mumbo jumbo) to finish today, I find myself flexing my biceps. LOL. Wow I need to get out more! Like 2 weeks of swimming will have magically caused the Miller arm flab to disappear :)

Master swim class was fine. I survived 3100 yards in an hour and 10 minutes. The sets are difficult to explain so you will have to deal with my crazy short hand until I can catch my breath and explain. I rode for 20 minutes on a stationary bike before hand. It said my average speed was 8.5 mph. WTF? No seriously WTF? There is NO WAY I am that freaking slow! They apparently won't let you spin on their nice spinning bikes unless there is a class. That really clinches the decision not to get a membership there. I mean pay $54 bucks a month and I can't even use the spin bikes? And I have to ride a crappy stationary bike that tells me my average speed on gear M-5 is 8.5 mph??? Screw that!

And to all a good night!

Stats:
20 minute "spin" on "Bike Max" or something like that
Master Swim: 3100 yards in 70 minutes
2* 200 free, 100 back, 100 kick
200 free, 100 back
8*50 kick on 1:15 send off 4 on side, 4 on back
4*75 (50 one arm, 25 free on 2:00: 3*50 sprint, 25 free on 1:15)
8*50 (25 drill, 25 free: 3* 25 sprint, 25 easy)
4*75 (50 arnie drill, 25 free on 2:00: 3*50 sprint, 25 free on 1:15)
4*125 on 2:15 fist drill lengths 1 then 2 then 3 then 4
100 kick

8 comments:

Duncan Larkin said...

Elizabeth, thanks for dropping by my site. A few more days of this insane weather and I'll be swimming myself -- outside. Hope you are feeling better. I had a similar illness this week too. Sore throats blow. Especially trying to run a marathon with one.

Toasty said...

you'd never catch me doing that (bicep flex) .... unless i was wearing a belly dancing costume .... then it's ok, so go get one.

:) said...

We need pictures of your awesome biceps! :)

The (IRON) Clyde said...

I hear you on the spinning bikes, my gym doesn't even have any....and they have a Physical Therapy office attached to it....

That's why I can't wait for my bike and the trainer I intend to get.

And damn woman, you swim A TON.

Black Knight said...

Is your stationary bike accomplice of my "stationary2 Garmin? It said 8'/Km (km, no mile!!!). I hope you will not leave us to begin a "swimming" blog.

Cliff said...

I am with Flat, need pics to show those define biceps. I gotta start flexing while i work too :) hahaha.

Cliff said...

Don't worry about the stationary bike. Even on my trainer, I am not worry about my bike speed. It is different b/c on a trainer or stationary bike, you can set the tension....so if u want to make it go really fast u can always loosen the tension and speed up.

Anonymous said...

I bet the stationary bike found out about your growing ego after the bicep flexing incidnet, so it decided to knock you down a peg. It's a little-known fact that stationary bikes dislike divas.