Touched by Fame

That's right my real life friend Curly Su is now famous! Go listen to today's tri-geek podcast! They read an email from Su and IronWil mentions that they will have to call her! I get some sort of claim to this fame since I sort of introduced Su to blogging right?

On a running note I ran for 40 minutes last night in the dark windy city of Euclid. It was pretty uneventful, but I did run by the lakefront and damn there are some killer houses just down the street from us. We are talking mansions people. Mansions on the lake! In Euclid, who knew? The good thing about last nights run is that I got off the main road (which is well-lit, but busy) and the sidewalks onto some side streets where I was able to run on the street. Much easier on my body.

So I don't usually agree with "keeping up with the joneses" but I think there is one situation where more people need to impress their neighbors. And that is in shoveling your sidewalk! I mean it. Get out there and be the first to shovel. You don't want to look lazy do you? And seriously do you want to get sued by a runner who slips and falls and breaks their neck because you were too lazy to shovel? Sorry I was just a little irritated about all the people that neglected to shovel Wednesday night. It was just fluff on Wednesday, all you had to do was push the snow to the side with your shovel, seriously. But now it is a big lumpy icy mess, which is not fun to run through. Kind of like trail running, but without the beautiful scenery, and less predictable footing. Point being I am extremely excited that I found the side roads in our neighborhood to be well enough lit and safe enough to run on the streets at night. Oh and I ran by the monkey wall paper house last night, still for sale.

So I didn't learn about 40k last night. Instead we watched my hubby's fave movie. Major League :) That movie is absolutely hilarious. Although it is a little sad that my husband knows the whole movie line by line, without even watching, he was painting during the first half and still was rattling off lines.

Looking forward to this weekend. I am hoping to get in another short easy run tonight and a run on Saturday and Sunday. Everyone have a great weekend!

14 comments:

Chad said...

Shovel. What the heck is that? People around here snowblow when we get 2 inches. Of course, I love to shovel.

Chad said...

Oh and thanks for the offer to fill my wife in on "spouse camp" but she'd probably think I needed the details, not her.

Black Knight said...

I am lucky because here "to shovel" is an unknown verb. By the way wonderful pictures!

Cliff said...

have a great weekend Elizabeth.

E-Speed said...

i think if we had the house last winter we would have a snowblower rather than shovel Zeke. This winter has been pretty tame though.

stefano-thanks! No shovels?

Ryan-My feet are weak, hance my hatred for uneven ground

Cliff- Thanks you too! Whats you think of the P.O.D. vid?

Backofpack said...

In this area, we don't need shovels, we need giant sponges! You don't have to worry about ice lumps, but you do have to look for puddles and rivers flowing down the road.

Unknown said...

I remember watching Major League when I was in high school and still playing baseball. Classic movie!

Toasty said...

Last time we had ice and snow was ....................... never! I should be mowing the lawn now, I think the neighbours want me to keep up with the joneses ..... so off I go.

EostreEgg said...

K, this is random, but remember how you said you were sick of people telling you that you'd change your mind about having kids? I found this great PSA.

I'm not sure, but I think the kid is screaming in French. :)

Ellie Hamilton said...

You have a great weekend, too!

Tammy said...

Referring to the comment by eostre. I'm 36 now... have never wanted kids, and still don't. Thanks for the reminder why :)

Have a great weekend E!

BuckeyeRunner said...

I hear you on the unshoveled sidewalks. It was no better on the west side - I am surprised my ankles survived! I have been taking it to the streets until some of this muck melts away. Have a great weekend!

Iron Jayhawk said...

I would just like to say that Monkey wallpaper totally just made my day!!

And don't even get me started on shoveling.

psbowe said...

I know what you mean by manisons, they're moving into our town too. Half of them hardly have any yard, weird.