Sulackalacker

Yeah so as I mentioned to T-Metz the marathoner, I need me 8 hours of sleep! I did not get in from Master Swim Class until about 10:30PM last night and did not fall asleep until around midnight. I have been trying to get up at 4:45 AM the last two weeks in order to complete the madness that is Swim Camp. So you can see my dilemma, lights aren't out until midnight and 8 hours of sound rest puts me waking up at 8am. Well I decided that 11 out of the 13 planned swims so far isn't too shabby and that in order to keep my workout plan for the weekend I needed the sleep.

So as always I am staying flexible. Instead of a rest from swimming tomorrow I will do the Friday swim while my husband shops for the b-day party we are going to. Before that we are going to meet A at the towpath and I am going to get in a 7 mile pace run. Hubby is planning on walk/jogging. I am excited that he actually wants to go with us so to celebrate we will be going to the running shop beforehand and buying both of us new running shoes.

Sunday I will try to stick to the training plan. Higdon is calling for a 14 mile easy run and this week I need to follow that and bloglands advice and actually run that 14 miles easy. What is likely to happen is that I will run the 15 mile course which will hopefully force me to take it easy. Lots and Lots of Big Hills! Most of the girls avoid the 15 loop and instead do the 10 or 12 and add on an out and back to finish up their mileage. Even worse than the 15 is the 20. I can't wait till I have 2 of those under my belt this winter :) Call me crazy but I LOVE running tough courses!

After the run I will head over to Peak and do the last Swim Camp workout which will include 500 and 100 yard time trials. And I Will put forth a time trial effort. No slacking!

Also on tap this weekend is a party with my 2005 Chi-Tri peeps. Should be a lot of fun. I plan on documenting with lots of photos. Tomorrow we have a b-day party and a fundraising party. Sunday I need to finish filing our local taxes, and get back on track with the dishes and keeping the house clean.

TGIF!

6 comments:

The (IRON) Clyde said...

so, um, yeah....I just got tired reading all that...I thought weekends were a time to relax a little?

About Me: said...

of course you love hard courses. of course you do.

enjoy las fiestas!

Anonymous said...

In Texas, you only have to live with someone for 10 days, and say, in the presence of another, that you are husband and wife. In Ohio, it's something like 7 years...

Unknown said...

Sounds like a busy weekend ahead of ya. Take it easy on the 14-15 and get er done.

Tammy said...

Hey thanks for the shout-out. My blog-reading has been a bit behind lately. I can't imagine why? LOL.

Ok, off to study for mid-terms. Cool vid today :)

Danny said...

you need 8 hours of sleep?? how do you have time to exercise, work, and blog?!?

(i always assumed you didn't sleep at all!)