Where's your head at?

4 out of 5 early mornings ain't bad. I got home late last night from GNO and got into bed a bit later than planned so the alarm clock was not my friend this morning. I did still manage to get in the pool by 6:15 AM though. I don't know if it was the lack of sleep or the awkward night/morning (playing tetris with the cars because the garbage man comes pretty late and my car was in front of my husbands, having to print out the workout before leaving, locking myself out of the house last night...) or what but my head just was not on straight in the pool this morning. Luckily I can just rely on muscle memory and sheer stubbornness to get through the swim regardless ;)

Flotsam and Jetsam were back for more this morning too, but other than a few older swimmers the pool was pretty empty today. During the swim I thought about a lot, pretty much everything but what I was supposed to be focusing on which was my stroke. But mostly I was thinking about how laps get really monotonous, and today's workout really felt like just that, a bunch of laps...hmmm hopefully tomorrows break from the pool will allow me to get pumped up again for the rest of swim camp. I also had to stop feeling sorry for myself once I started doing kick laps and was watching a guy running around and around the mini track upstairs. Now that is monotonous!

Stats:

5* (50 drill, 100 free, 50 pull) drills: catch up, triple back, slow arm recovery, kick no board, closed fist swim

4*50 on a 0:55 send off
4*100 on a 1:45 send off
4*200 on a 3:30 send off
4*100 on a 1:45 send off
4*50 on a 0:55 send off

50 kick
250 pull
100 kick
250 pull
100 kick

Total Yards 3750 Total Time in the pool 79 minutes

I made all the send offs that I wanted to make so I am pretty happy with the workout and the minute I was out of the pool I felt better. I am super glad I woke up in time for the swim because it just makes you feel better to sit down at your desk already having accomplished something.

Last night I did manage to squeeze in a run. Not sure how far but probably at least the 5 miles I was supposed to cover. I did 44 minutes, an out and back from the house. It was a run of all flavors. I ran on some sidewalks, some dirt roads, some beach, some grass ;) It was a good run. I didn't do tempo like I was supposed to but did pick it up in the middle when Rammstein came on my mp3 player. The beach was nice, I forgot how hard it is to run through damp sand. But there were all these dead fish. I am talking piles of them. Little ones. Not sure what that was all about. They were all washed up where you would normally find debris. Gross!

This weekend promises to be just as busy as the week. Was supposed to go to a fundraiser tonight but I think a quiet evening at home sounds a little more tempting. So I think I will be making a donation and staying at home instead.

As my training log says when its down: Have a great weekend, will you have a long run to log when we get back? We thought so! Everyone have some great workouts and races this weekend. Big good vibes out to Rae!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow...that's a hardcore workout. 4x50m at :55? wow. can't wait until i can pull off intervals like that.

baby steps. inspiring stuff, e.

E-Speed said...

thanks Jeff! I used to swim in middle school and I was on a swim club when I was young. I think that really helps.

Tracy said...

Dang! You're a little sharkie for sure!! Awesome job!