Here Fishy Fishy

Struggled with the alarm a wee bit this morning but still managed to get to Peak by 6AM. Last night was a TNT alumni get together so I got home late and stayed up chatting with my hubby. Pictures from last night, tonight's GNO, and last Sundays dinner party coming as soon as I get a chance to catch my breath.

Flotsam and Jetsam were at the pool again this morning. Su was there too. She beat me to the pool but I got to talk with her a little before warming up and we chatted afterwards. She noticed that Flotsam's kick is pretty poor in addition to his wild flailing stroke. I am amazed that these guys get up so early to flop around in the pool. What is a little scary is I think we overheard Jetsam "coaching" Flotsam on his kick this morning. Yikes!

I felt like a fish today. And it felt good! I always feel comfortable in the water but today felt even better than most days. Great way to start the day!

Today was a lot of backstroke. I used to swim backstroke in middle school on our swim team so I favor this stroke over others.

Onto the stats:

warm up 4* (200 free, 50 pull, 50 drill) drills: triple back, catch up, slow arm recovery, fingertip

The backstroke/free sets called for a 3:30 send off. I did the first in 3:30 but then decided that I would be dead on the last few and changed to a 4:00 send off for the rest. I finished all but the last two under 3:30, but I would only have been getting 1-10 seconds rest and I didn't think that was quite enough to sustain a good pace on 200s.

3:30 send off
175 free, 25 back
4:00 send off
150 free, 50 back
125 free, 75 back
100 free, 100 back
75 free, 125 back
50 free, 150 back
25 free, 175 back
200 back

400 pull

10*50 (easy down, sprint back) on a 1:00 send off

Total yards: 3700 Total Time in the pool: 1:17:16

Boston training plan calls for a 5 mile run today, but since I ran long on Sunday and Tuesday I won't be too upset if I can't squeeze it in. Not really sure when I would have the time. Since when did I get such a busy social life?

9 comments:

Cliff said...

He, I use to get up early and flail around.

Yes, social life really do get in the way of training. I start to tell my friends that I am training longer now and let them know when I can come out and play.

Steven said...

Excellent swim work-out! You are a fish, aren't you.
...must be nice...sigh...

mouse said...

elizabeth, can I just say that I'm so impressed that Boston training is just like an afterthought to you? because seriously, that's awesome, that you're in such good shape that it can take a backseat to tri training!

Black Knight said...

Unbealivable, the training for Boston is the last of your problems! Yes you are fish and you can trust me I was a real sailor!

Toasty said...

Great choice of names, "Flotsam and Jetsam". I've visualised hillbilly voices for their conversations. However, there is no doubt from those stats that you are the star of the show.

Okolo said...

Wow, how did I miss that you are doing Boston?

Maybe I didn't miss it, and I'm just dense.

Well cool, we'll have to find a way to meet on April 17th.

Tammy said...

Of course you have a busy social life, because you are THE SWEETEST!! OH, wait, I already told Ellie SHE was THE SWEETEST... but you're a close second :)

Nice swimmin'... I still have no idea what it all means.

E-Speed said...

stefano and mouse, you scared me into finding time for my planned boston training on thursday ;)

Tracy said...

Just wow ... OK, when are you signing up for Ironman again? And can you please not be in my wave!??