Double the fun

Todays swim poll: What and when do you eat before your swim? Leave a comment and I will reveal my pre swim eating ritual tomorrow.

Amazing. I managed to wake up at 4:45 two mornings in a row and got to the pool by 6AM again! (despite a malfunctioning dryer and a change in todays outfit plans) Today's swim had more yards but a little less speed.

3* (100 free, 100 back, 100 kick)
500 EZ (8:37)
5*100@2:00 (50 free, 50 back)
400 pull
5*100 @ 2:00 (75 free, 25 stroke (alternating breast/back on stroke)
300 EZ something like 4:40
5*100@ 1:45
4*50 drill (Catch Up,Slow Arm Recovery,Fingertip drill,Fist swim)
200 EZ
4*50 drill (Catch Up,Slow Arm Recovery,head down,Fist swim)
Total Yards 4000 Total Time 1:28:26

I managed to get to bed relatively early last night and Sunday night. Which probably helped waking up. The rest of the week won't be so easy as I have social outings every night.

Got out to the Tuesday group run a little early and did a "warm up" loop with B. 16:26
2nd loop took it a little easier 18:09
3rd loop we added the hills. Uggh. We did the back hill. The hill is probably between 300 and 400 yards long, and its rough. 16:16 to get to the bottom of the hill.
4* up/down 2:00.93/2:09.08, 1:54.93/2:05.93, 1:54.23/2:13.89, 1:48.69/2:22.20 (it was chilly by then so my butt was too numb to be sore)
bottom of the hill to the end of the loop 1:50.23
Last loop ran with Su. We finished that one up in 18:10.
Total time 1:28:02
Total Mileage ~9.5-10
Average Pace 8:48-9:16

Ran into some hooligans on the 3rd and 4th loop. They can't have been much older than 14 and I am pretty sure they were drinking. Lovely. They called CK the n word (note we are all whiter than ghosts). Made me a little nervous but Su and CK didn't seem to be unnerved.

Just ate dinner and I need to shower. Drank some Merlot in honor of Mouse and I need to head to bed. Gotta wake up early and swim ;)

9 comments:

Ellie Hamilton said...

I drink a can of Slim-Fast on my way to the pool and another while I drive home. 4:1 carb:protein ratio, doesn't sit heavy in my stomach, a little extra fluid, and very easy.

CJ said...

I usually eat an hour before a swim when I have time and 30mins when I'm rushing. I have toast (1 slice) with honey if its early in the morning, or 2 slices with peanut butter if its an evening swim.

About Me: said...

dont understand the hooligans. why must people make no sense sometimes?

congrats on starting your boston training! i'd be there with you. if i qualified of course. that's not putting me down. just a statement of fact.

anyway, i don't eat anything before i swim. i should, but i rarely swim more than 2,000 yards at once. glad you got the first month free! TNT is the shi-. you should get rewarded.

Bolder said...

16 ounces of a sports drink (usually accelerade) and a Cliff Bar minimum one hour before...

if i've missed the hour mark, then nada...

for my 1000m today, i ate the Cliff Bar and some Gatorade Endurance 30 mins before my spin class, and the a bottle of Accelerade on the bike, and then hit the pool.

now, I want YOUR secret Aquagal!

Cliff said...

Before I head to the pool in the morning I usually eat a banana.

BuckeyeRunner said...

Great job on both your swims! Got. to. start. getting. up. early.

Love the new vid, too!

As for my preswim meal, generally just water, and the espresso love gu gels. I love them, and I don't feel them swish around in my stomach. Or a peanut butter cliff bar if I have been to Trader Joes.

psbowe said...

Yes banana does wonders, not too heavy and it settles well, just enough to pull you thru your workout.

Unknown said...

well, since my couple swims this year have been after work and before dinner, it's usually about 2 cups of peanutbutter pretzles and some gatorade.

Rae said...

Awesome job on getting up so early!! I hate hoodlums, you just never know these days whether or not they're really evil or just stupid. Good luck with the rest of swim practice this week!