Back to the hills

Official Boston training starts this week. I didn't check the schedule on my way out but assumed that I had a 10-12 miler on the plate. I was wrong, my "long" runs don't start until next Sunday.

But I got in 12 miles today. 1:37:41. I forgot how evil "the hill" is when you haven't climbed it in awhile. I figured I had to make up for a week of slacking somehow though.

So after the run I did the runners world ab progression from the feb mag (sets of 8) and some push ups.

I slept off the vacation last night but am still a bit sleepy. I think my month long swim camp is going to start tomorrow. I have to redeem my month membership to Peak before February 1st. I am going to have to learn how to get by on a little less sleep this month.

Had a good run with G this morning. Listened to his JFK tales from last year. MG says I should do Sunmart, but the nice thing about JFK is it won't require flying. Bad part is 26 miles on the towpath. I still think it will be good as my first ultra. Lots of people I know will be there. Should be fun.

Feeling a bit antsy. Almost went and got my hair chopped.

Sorry for the randomness of this post. Hopefully tomorrow I will get back into the groove of things.

7 comments:

Cliff said...

So you ran the "hill" one week ahead? That's good.

Rae said...

An ultra sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to follow all your Boston training. I wish every day had more time for sleep in it!

Unknown said...

I would love to run JFK someday so I am relying on you to give me details. I think it is one of the biggest ultra's in the world. I could be wrong, but I know they allow a lot of people to run it. Glad to hear that Boston training has begun. If Boston was not on Easter weekend I would be going this year, but since my family cannot come as well it will have to wait until next year.

Toasty said...

Nice solid start with the 1:37 and I am looking forward to hearing how about your training. Boston is a week after my Canberra marathon.

Steven said...

12 miles in 1:37? Sounds to me like you're already in a groove!
Nice running...

buryblue said...

Well done on the hill training. This is something I have shirked to date but is one of my objectives to introduce into my training on a regular basis.

What sort of hill training do you do ? How do you improve ?

Anonymous said...

Not sure when I'm trying out for roller derby. I stood up on my speed skates the other day and fell on my ass! I have to get some knee pads and wrist guards before I start practicing.