Triumph!

Went to start my month of swim camp this morning. The receptionist informs me that because I have been going to the pool with Team in Training I am not eligible for the free month (it isn't available to members). Blow! But she lets me swim this morning and tells me that the manager will call me. Well I worked my magic and convinced him to let me have my month free. Its the small victories in life that count right?

Quickie Swim Run Down

4* (150, 50 backstroke, 50 kick)
10*50 at 1:00 (ez out, build up back)
500 Time Trial 8:08 (uggh 5 seconds slower than last time)
5*100 @ 1:45
2* 50 Catch Up drill, 50 Slow Arm Recovery, 50 Fingertip drill, 100 Pull
total 3000 yds total time 66 minutes

Got home and it was still light out, this waking up early thing may have its plusses. I figured I would give my husband a break since he was working 10 hours today so I cleaned the bathrooms, swept, took out litter etc. Now I am off to make dinner. Not much here in the meat department so I think it is going to be tuna helper.

13 comments:

Tammy said...

Yeah baby~ Always go to the top of the chain. For some people, a little bit o' power is a dangerous thing. :)

Cliff said...

Tuna is all good. Omega 3 and protien :)

Drive my cat nuts when I open a can.

Rae said...

Good for you!! Have fun in swim camp this month!

Scott said...

Thanks for the support Elizabeth. I just read Why Running? on the right side of your blog. WOW! I'll be thinking about that for awhile.

I'm so screwed. So much inspiration and so little time.

S.

Unknown said...

did my first swim in almost a year last week. did some 2 minute send off's like you mentioned a couple posts back. worked my arms like nobody's business.

A. M. Mericsko said...

so when do you actually have time to sleep? lol!

Unknown said...

Husbands appreciate those things.

Nice job on the swim workout!

Black Knight said...

Since you joined the Black Knight Army the victory is the daily part of your life. Isn't it?

Steven said...

Don't say "tuna helper" like thats a bad thing. Tuna is awesome for you! And it's tasty, too.

E-Speed said...

clarification :) We LOVE tuna helper. My mentioning of it is really more of a comment on my culinary skills (well actually lack of) than on its tasty nutritious goodness ;)

E-Speed said...

Stefano- Of course! I am victorious in all my battles! The threat of the Black Knight alone gives me that power over my obstacles!

psbowe said...

Hey, Monday is tuna night! Tuna casserole was my dinner last night!

Maybe I should get back into swimming a bit too..just for a break from running. we'll see..

Oh great pictures! I realize I should have probably posted some cactus pics in the past, but if you grow up around them, it's not a big deal, if you know what I mean.

Anonymous said...

Totally unrealted to the tuna~swimming conversation, but I'm glad I found your blog (and that you found mine). Yay for comments. If you decide on the Marine Corps Marathon you've got a place to stay. :)
Cheers!
Clover