We Interrupt this Race Report...

I meant to have this whole thing wrapped up by now and my analysis done and figured out how I feel about the race etc. But sometimes life gets in the way of what we want.

I have been swamped at work this week doing 10 hour days straight through (I know for most people that may be normal but for this gal it is unusual) just to get the task finished. We are presenting at an EPA training workshop this week in Kansas City and I had the lucky job of pulling together any materials that we have used before and coming up with exercises for the workshop if we didn't already have examples. Thankfully I have several coworkers who came to my rescue, helping with QA/QC and just walking through the exercises to make sure they made sense and took up enough time, and luckily by the time we walked out the door Friday night at 7 PM we had all the materials on CDs and printed and stuffed into workbooks. Unfortunately we missed the FedEx COB so my boss and I are each hauling two boxes full of notebooks on the plane tonight.

I haven't had a chance to run through my presentation yet, I am printing the demo right now and am going to do an at home run through. Of course I am the first real presentation tomorrow and my topic is one that may flop. Have I mentioned I haven't presented anything since my senior year of college in 2003? Gulp. I am a bit nervous to put it lightly. Oh and my boss's boss is going to be there. Nothing like added pressure to perform.

Wish me luck. I am a worrier so I have had the urge to vomit since half way through the day yesterday when I finished all chores and had nothing to preoccupy me but thoughts of the presentation.

So I probably won't post anything again until Thursday at the earliest, unless my hotel has a freebie computer with Internet.

Apologies for not being caught up on blogs. I haven't even had a chance to get through emails this week, and I haven't sent out mothers day cards yet. Sorry Mom! On that note I am off to pack and finish laundry and dishes, walk through my presentation, mail mothers day cards, buy propane, then head to my in-laws for dinner and then to the airport and KC.

20 comments:

John said...

Good luck with your presentation!

P.S: I think as long as you don't vomit during it you'll do fine :-)

Cliff said...

espeed..take your time.

Remember presentations are fun..

They listen to u to present b/c u know your stuff.

Kate said...

Good luck- I'm sure it'll go great.

Anonymous said...

good luck, liz. just pretend you're talking at one of the tnt info meetings...just have fun...(if possible)

Alison said...

Relax! I hate speaking in front of people, but my presentations at work always seem to go okay. In fact, over the years, I've started to kinda look forward to presenting.

Unknown said...

You're presentation will be great. Good luck. We'll look forward to the end of your race report whenever you get a chance to publish it. Hope you get some relief from stress once your presentation is done.

JenC said...

Good luck E! You'll do great!

Janet Edwards said...

Sounds like things have been hectic!

Can't imagine you having trouble speaking!!! Best of luck!

Josh Dysart said...

Kansas City! Wooo whoooo!

Josh Dysart said...

And I almost forgot "Good luck!"

qcmier said...

Enjoy KC. And have some BBQ while you're there. Looking forward to your return and the rest of the pig report.

Kim said...

You're an ultra runner, you can do anything. If you can run 50 miles you can smoke your presentation.

Toasty said...

good luck with the presentation .... talk about the things that excite you .... try and fit the flying pig race report into it .... ok there's a chellenge ... and i agree with the revious comments don't hurl!

Vickie said...

I know what its like having weeks like that, as I have been through 4 of them in a row recently.

With luck, even if you are not happy with your presentation, being first it will soon be forgotten!

Unknown said...

I hope the presentation went well.

Unknown said...

Yikes! Busy!

Ryanaldo said...

you are a good scientist

IronWaddler said...

I just found your blog and ran the flying Pig also . I am enjoying your race report. Good luck on your presentation

Dream Chaser said...

Hope it went well. Did you decide about Cleveland? I'm thinking of doing it just to feel how far a Marathon is...even if I'd need to walk for part.

But it's supposed to be cool with a chance of rain, and the cost would be a hit on me now, and I have to make my mind up within the next few hours -- there are no day-of registrations and I'm busy all day Saturday.

A. M. Mericsko said...

Booo for busy work days!!!