Cleveland Marathon Shout Outs

I wanted to write a well thought out post on this but SH won't leave me alone until I give him a shout out so here is the quick run down on some of my Cleveland guys who had great days at the Cleveland marathon.

MG made me look bad by not only racing two weeks prior but by winning a 100K 2 weeks prior and racing well at Cleveland with a 2:48.

SH ran a tough race with a major PR and just barely missed the BQ. Major mental improvment in his running (IMHO)

LD and TriEric went off course with the 10K runners but both stayed classy in their responses to the debacle.

My FIL crushed his friends time and got a $50 donation for LLS in the process. It was very fun watching him cross the finish line!

Reddy passed by Daisy and I early on and I chided him asking him what he was doing running faster than me. His run has improved dramatically since Steelhead, he is downright rocking out there.

I got to see several of my CTC guys and my towpath running guys out on the course who were doing the half. It was fun to chat them up and they all did great in the half.

PVR was out on the course to cheer and run with all the SERC peeps as they went by 20. It was so nice to see him out there in the final miles of the race!

Mike from Fit from Fat was out there hauling butt and had a major PR. It was fun catching him around 18 and running a bit with him before stopping to chat with my neighbors.

Great job out there guys!

Report to come soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This SH guy sounds like a stud :-)

John said...

I thought your Cleveland pics were your race report and I was happy with that. Looking forward to the report to come though.

You looked great in your pics by the way. Big smile through 26.2? That's my next running goal. I'll settle for running it though and if I can smiling will be a bonus
:-)

A. M. Mericsko said...

When are we going for drinks to celebrate???

Brian said...

Isn't it awesome when you know so many people out there doing the same thing as you? I had a blast watching friends finish and/or hearing about it later!