Another Interruption

I went out and did the Cleveland Marathon yesterday. I knew early on that I wouldn't be racing it. So instead I partied my way through 26 miles.

I just want to give a quick shout out to all my gals. Especially Athena and Daisy. Athena received a frantic voice message from me Saturday night around 10:30 PM exclaiming I could not find my electrolyte tablets anywhere. She meets me at mile 6 with a whole handful. God bless that girl she probably saved me from being sick again after the marathon!

I started the race with Daisy, intentions were to run her the whole way to a BQ. But the pace was not in my cards. I felt like such a jerk when I had to fall back so early. But she went on to BQ in fabulous style with an over 39 minute PR. Daisy is hard core and I can't wait to run with her in Boston 08.

KM caught us after a bathroom stop and thankfully she ran with Daisy until the turn off at 12.

TriSara was out at mile 6 handing out Powerade. What a great gal to come out and support all the runners! And for taking my sweaty visor for me, now that's love!

BB who went on to finish 1st in her age group in the half. I got to run with her for about a mile before I sent her off ahead of me.

Jodi was waiting and cheering before the bridge at 11. It was so nice to stop and finally chat with her. She looks great and I know her Ironman will be an awesome one.

B50 caught me around 20. She was hurting but she gutted it out and went on ahead of me. I can't wait to get back out on the trails with her!

I met two fabulous Michigan ladies who I ran the last 5 or so with and chatted them up to distract them from stomach and leg pains. Hopefully I will see them at the Detroit 'thon and maybe even be their official pace bunny.

Post finish I met up with soon to be BS and found out she had just smashed her half PR. I can't wait for her to break 2, she just keeps getting better every time.

All my gals did great yesterday. DM ran a 3:25 on no long runs and placed first in her age group. EM came back for her first half after a long time off from a hip injury. GK toughed out a half and is ready to get rolling on training to BQ.

I didn't see JC out there but I am sure she rocked it and I can't wait to hear about it on our Wednesday run.

Also didn't get to catch up with MT but she crushed the half. I am going to have to watch my back for her now too ;)

It's so nice to have such awesome female friends to run with.

Great job yesterday ladies!

Shout out for the men to come!

8 comments:

Papa Louie said...

Sounds like you had a great time parting your way through 26 miles.
So cool you ran with Daisy Duc to help her BQ.

runliarun said...

I cannot but be in in awe of the nonchalance with which you just "went out and did" a marathon two weeks or something after you finished another one.

A. M. Mericsko said...

Thanks for the nice words! You are a tiger!

JenC said...

I was looking for your cheering section yesterday. I didn't learn until later that you ran it. Wow, you are amazing!

Bolder said...

there's a certain cachet to interrupting a race report to run a marathon...

Chad said...

Wow, you finished another marathon before you finished the race report of your last one. Nice.

Theoutofshapeguy said...

You really are a machine!

Rae said...

Way to go!! I think partying through 26.2 is a lot more fun than stressing through it!