Heeeere Pig Pig Pig Pig

Well with 4 days to go it's about that time!

The official Pig Run Down

Total Miles: 424
Average Week: 27.8
Highest week: 42.75
Lowest Week: 11 (had two of these early in the program offset by the week with the buckeye 50k)
Long runs (19+):3*20 milers, 1*19 miler, and 1*50k (2 of these within 30 seconds of planned marathon pace)

I had a rough start coming off the ultra training and my paces were not where FIRST said they should be for a 7:45 pace marathon but I slowly chipped away and the past few weeks I have been having a hard time running as slow as I am supposed to be going. Thank you taper.

Things are looking good. As one of the SERC runners said on Sunday I have the trifecta! I'm at the right weight, I'm mentally ready, and I am running faster than ever.

The weather right now predicts a high of 78 for Sunday, low of 56. Lets hope the 6:30 AM start keeps away most of the heat for me during the race. To be honest when I am racing 56 feels hot too so I am not so sure that it will matter much. I am going to be sure to apply sunscreen liberally and will probably opt for a visor and dumping plenty of cold water on my head along the way. I think post race I may finally get that un cute photo Susan was looking for!

I have confirmed my race plan with Rootsrunner. He used the same tactics to get his 3:09 at the pig and I looked up mile paces for 3:25 runners last year and they all ran a similar paced race with a bit slower in the first 9 and picking it up to the finish.

I've got some mental tricks up my sleeve to keep me focused on my goal. Some mantras to help me dig deep and if those don't work I have a bet of breakfast riding on it to encourage me as well as a bit of anger going that I can tap into if need be. But I really feel like I am ready and if I just show up and race my plan and have fun things will go well. The past two weeks I have even been feeling like I could go a bit faster than planned, but I have made that mistake before and ended up disappointed so I am playing it safe, sticking to the plan, and going for 3:25 with confidence.

We head out tomorrow morning bright and early. I am going to try and go to bed super early tomorrow night and wake up early Saturday to simulate race morning. 3:30 AM just sounds so ridiculous! I know I will be grateful though that I am starting at 56 degrees and not 78.

Logistics just got switched on me as my BIL is no longer running the relay so it looks like I will be driving myself to the start and driving myself back to their place after the finish. So it looks like I can hang around and watch some finishers and maybe the awards while I eat some brunch. Lets just hope my legs are functioning enough for all of that. I have a feeling this race will be better afterwards though as all of my 20 milers this year I wasn't ever real stiff.

No website tracking as far as I can tell so you guys will just have to wait for a report from me. I should be finishing up before the Wildflower Olympic folks are even waking up. Crazy!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck and have fun!!!!

LeahC said...

good luck racing speedy! i can't wait to read the report.

Donald said...

Put your game face on, and have a great race!

Kate said...

...this little piggy ran speedy speedy speedy all the way home :-)

Have a great race- you are so well prepared and you'll be able to stick to the plan.

Good luck!!

Toasty said...

Sooooooweet!

Great plan and preparation. You'll have a ball. Love the tactics and use of mantras.

Rae said...

GOOD LUCK!!! You are going to kick BUTT! In my pig email today it said they would have online tracking....

Dream Chaser said...

Show us how it's done!

Jodi said...

Good luck, E! Yeah, like you need it. You're going to rock it! Can't wait to hear all about it.

:-)

Jodi

Clot Buster said...

Have a great race!
Enjoy the crowds at the different water stops. They put up a show last year! Great look with the short hair. You will be that much faster!
Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Just chiming in to wish you best of luck at your at your very own el Piggo. I'll be at a different Pig on Sunday, our local trail, so hope that might help send some awesome vibes your way!

Lloyd said...

Good plan, and good luck, E.

Everything about this race is just great. The finish area is a cool place to hang out afterwards. There's a huge grass ampitheatre in front of the awards stage to hang out at.

Bring your phone and we can link up if I do not see you first. (Or if you don't beat me there!)

Anonymous said...

you'll be wonderful. i like what kate wrote. just don't curl up and giggle like an ickle kiddie until after you cross that line.