Tuesday Track Workout

SolarSquirrel officially started training for our trail marathon last week so we have been doing her FIRST track workouts or something close to it. It's nice because it is building up from last weeks 6*400 so it allows me to recover from my marathons while still getting in a speed workout.

Last night SolarSquirrel stood me up for swimming though! So I did the workout with MT. We warmed up for 10 minutes, did some butt kickers, high bounds, and grapevine drills and then did 4*800 with 400 recoveries.

With the heat and the fact that we both raced Blossom on Sunday I wanted to keep the intensity at a tolerable level. We went for around 5k pace aiming for 3:20 for the 800s.

3:17
3:19
3:18
3:15

Not too shabby!

We rounded it off with an easy mile cool down and some light stretching.

2 comments:

Dubs said...

Nice pace - great job!

qcmier said...

Your workout inspired me to do some speed work.