Post Pig

Well I keep going back and forth between being dissapointed, being happy that I can even run so fast at all, thinking I may run Cleveland in 2 weeks, to thinking I may never "race" a road marathon again. All of that on top of incredibly sore muscles everywhere, yes even my neck muscles, arm muscles, side muscles, and face muscles hurt. Oh and to make sure the whole body got in on the action I slammed my thumb in the shower door this morning and gave myself a blood blister.

Thankfully after my post yesterday I laid down and took an hour nap and woke up feeling a bit better. I did some google searches to see if perhaps I did something during the marathon to make myself so ill. Since I was sick the night before I can't really be sure but I think some combination of already harboring some bug and drinking too much gatorade and water in the last 4 or 5 miles on top of 4 gels during the race may have brought me down.

Right now we are sitting in the Mazda waiting room waiting for our brand new tire. Our friend noticed a bulge in it when we got here Friday. For those keeping tabs we've had the car for only 20 some days. We've been up since 6:45 and had to wait until 9 to figure out of the damage to the tire is covered. We still don't know but the service rep let us head over here while he deals with it. Keep your fingers crossed as I don't have the $240 it is going to cost to replace the tire. Good lord thats pricey!!!

So while we wait I am going to start the race recap. It may take awhile. Not sure if it will be one long post or if I will break it up. Thanks again for all the wonderful support, hopefully I won't leave you hanging on the recap too long.

10 comments:

JenC said...

You weren't far off your goal time. Sounds like it was a rough day, so you should be proud. I'm very proud of you!

Iron Jayhawk said...

I'm glad to hear you're starting to feel a little bit better. Just take it easy, hun!

Hopefully the car troubles are cleared up as quickly--and as inexpensively--as possible!!

Dubs said...

They should cover that if they want repeat business. Let them know that if they don't you'll be telling you friends (and blog buddies) not to buy a car there. :)

Glad you are up and about, hope you are back to 100% soon. Could you have had too much water (on top of a bug) - that does happen to people in marathons.

Arcane said...

congrats on the finish. Hope you're able to recover soon.

Donald said...

Sorry I missed all the drama while I was out this weekend. Hope you're feeling better soon. Looking forward to details.

Unknown said...

Take as much time as you need. Get well and we'll all be checking daily to read whatever you feel up to posting.

Kurt said...

I was at the Pig last weekend also (saw your link on TriSara's blog). I enjoyed the Pig very much but only did the half. Tough course but a lot of fun.

I didn't run as fast as I would have liked but in the end we just do what we can do.

Janet Edwards said...

Ughh, car problems are so frustrating! At least it will be covered, too bad you had to wait around so long to find out.

Glad to hear you are starting to feel better. Hopefully you can take some pride in this race that even against issues you ran one heck of a good race! Issues are bound to come up from time to time and if you can still run strong against them, that really says something. You really hung tough on this one, you should be proud!

Vickie said...

Checked the results for your time and wanted to congratulate you for finishing another race! Sorry to hear you were sick, and hopefully it clears up soon. And remember, it is just one race of many you have and will do.

Josh Dysart said...

Waiting that long is ridiculous. Especially when the car is that new.

I had a bulge in my tire, and was none to pleased.