And We're Off...almost

I still need to pack and do a crap load of dishes. But first things first I needed some breakfast and a shower! I am trying to wake up a bit earlier every day so that Sunday won't seem quite so early! This morning's 5:30 AM call was a bit much and I snoozed until 6 AM. Tonight I have to get to bed super early for a go at a 4:30 wake up tomorrow. Doubling as race morning simulation with a quick but easy 2 mile jog, and as an effort to actually be tired when I am supposed to go to sleep tomorrow night! Lucky for me I have two crazy running girlfriends and I have actually done one long run where we started before the sun so hopefully the early start won't have my body crying for bed.

On the off chance that there is online tracking (Rae I think it is just text message updates but I am not clear on that) my super speedy number is: 1606 Any good speedy vibes you want to send my way are more than welcome!

Thanks so much for all the wonderful comments on the haircut and for all your online support. It really does mean a lot to have so many friends rooting you on towards your goals.

16 comments:

Toasty said...

you rock .... enjoy your race and finish with a big smile

Papa Louie said...

Go, go, E-Speed.
We love you.

walchka said...

Good Luck! Can't wait to here your report...

Robin said...

GOOD LUCK & HAVE A BLAST!

JenC said...

Best of luck to you buddy! You look great and I know you will be great! Can't wait to hear about it!

Backofpack said...

Oh, good luck, good luck! Be fast!

You'll be fast for sure with the new 'do. I'll be thinking of you speeding through the miles while I'm knocking them off a little slower in BC!

Eric said...

You go girl. Can't wait to hear about you making the pig squeel. Have a great race and most of all have fun.

John said...

I'll be sending super speedy vibes your way. Good luck to you and your crazy running girlfriends!!!

Brian said...

Get a good nights rest on Friday since you probably won't sleep well the night before. Run relaxed and dig down hard at the end. You know going into it that it's not going to be easy so really get at it when things get tough! I'll be rooting for you long distance style!!

Vickie said...

Good luck!

HEZ said...

Good luck on the pig! I almost tried for that one this year, but maybe next year. Like the new haircut!

Kate said...

Good luck!

I love early race starts- I think it's the extra feeling of adventure.

bryan said...

Good luck to you. I ran the Pig in 2004. In the rain. Hope it's better for you.

Arcane said...

Good luck! I'm sure you'll be speedy!

maniac hippo said...

Hi e-speed!!

I met you and the Ohio gang at JFK last fall. Just wanted to wish you godspeed (e-speed?) this weekend.

You have a lot of talent and a lot of heart. Show us by flying your best.

Anonymous said...

everyone in australia will be "rooting" for you, you just my be creeped out by it.

1606 Rembrandt was born and Guy Fawkes was executed

The Union Jack was created.

It's a 31- and 269-gonal number.

Prime factors are 2x11x73

Clearly you're going to do well. This is not cheap, slutty easy to deal with number. This is a number that looks pretty (all those curvy figures) but breaks down into bad-ass primes. Serious stuff.