Chili Bowl

Went and ran in the Chili Bowl 5k this morning. I only got about 3 hours of sleep and my stomach was in horrible shape yesterday and this morning. But luckily come race time it calmed down.

I did a 20 minute warm up and a 25 minute cool down. My hip did not feel good during the cool down at all.

My "big dreamin" goal was to break 20 minutes but I knew that was pretty lofty considering I haven't run like that since I was 16. And my "please not any slower than that" goal was 22:30. I ended up running 21:25 which I am very happy with. I am not completely happy with my performance. I wasn't even tired when I got done so I know I can do better if I can just get my head in gear. But I haven't run splits like that in a long time so I know I should be content.

I tried to stay with E as long as I could and ended up with 6:22 for the first mile than I dropped off, just like I always did in high school, for a 7:05 mile and then picked it back up to get 6:42 for the last mile. In order to break 20 I am going to need to run consistent 6:20-6:25 miles. I came in second in my age group and got a cool picture frame so that is nice. But I let 3 people pass me in the last half mile and I should've gutted it out. Oh well, live and learn.

Total mileage today was somewhere around 7.5. Now I am going to catch up on the sleep I didn't get last night.

No comments: