Week 6 Rundown


Goals from coach for the week!

Total Mileage 70 - 75.

Monday: Easy.
Tuesday: Track 5*1600 with 90 sec rests
Wednesday and Friday: Easy miles @ 7:20 or slower, 6 x 30 sec strides on Friday.
Thursday: 6 miles starting @ 6:50 and increasing 10 sec faster each
mile
Weekend:
12 miles @ 6:55
18 miles @ 7:30

How it played out:

73 miles

Monday-Off
Tuesday- Track
Wednesday- Double- easy runs
Thursday- Double- tempo at lunch, easy evening
Friday- easy with strides
Saturday- 12 at 7:02 with CED crew
Sunday- 20 at 7:11 with Michigan speedsters, fun hilly course!

I felt pretty run down Monday through Friday AM this week. I was pretty much resigned that due to the higher mileage returning I was doomed to start feeling like this most days. But I think I must have just been fighting something off combined with adjusting to day light savings and the unseasonably warm weather as I started to feel like my speedy spunky self sometime Friday afternoon. Thank goodness!

The legs aren't feeling crazy good, but I think we are starting to make progress on the puzzle that is my body and I had a really good massage session Friday night where we narrowed down some of my issues and we are working towards figuring out how to stay on top of problems before they arise.

Mission loosen my left psoas, left glute, left hip has begun as well as mission strengthen my shins to keep up with the increased calf strength that was inevitable with the return to real training! We really think if we can solve this left hip issue the left heel will finally get back to 100%!

No comments: