Sluggy Muggy Tempo

Still adjusting to the early morning workouts and yesterday I just couldn't drag my butt out of bed, so I opted for a few more hours sleep and moved the tempo to the afternoon. Stressful day at work and I was just ready to get the workout done. Goal was 5 at 6:25. Given that my legs just felt stale I was glad we only had five to do. Met up with Salty and NC. It was drizzling when we got there, pouring during the warm up, drizzling off and on, then sunny, then muggy during the tempo. So pretty much the gamut. But thankfully never too hot.

NC had 5 at 6:20 so we decided we'd just try and keep everything between 6:20 and 6:25 and see hoW it went. I've been getting spoiled by my normal route because the pace never varies much on the straight shot out and back. The course last night had quite a few turns and some false flats up and down so at any given time the garmin pace for each mile would range from 6:13 to 6:40. I was just too steamed to really "let go" last night and it felt a bit forced, but we got it done, the last half mile was slightly down and I was just so ready to be done, I felt awful and assumed I would slow down, so I probably picked it up a bit too much.

6:21.92
6:18.43
6:22.72
6:18.17
6:08.56

Slowly making my way back to the tempo paces I was holding before Boston :)

No comments: