Weekly Rundown April 25-May 1

Diving back in here and hoping for a quick recovery. The legs feel pretty good but aerobically I just feel a bit ragged. My pre marathon paces were definitely a little out of my lungs league the past week. Still clinging on to this cough so I am assuming allergies, but can't lie I am definitely over it! Here's hoping this week the paces will start coming back to me this week and I can start pushing it a bit. I have been erring on the side of "safe" this week with the workouts. It would be awfully easy for "playing it safe" to turn into being a wuss when the going gets tough so I need to really listen to the body and make sure I am putting in the right efforts this week.

Goal:

Total Mileage 60 - 65

Monday: Easy
Tuesday: Track
Wednesday and Friday: easy miles @ 7:20 or slower. 6 x 30 sec @ 5:30 pace
Thursday: Tempo run
Weekend:
10 miles @ 7:00
16 miles @ 6:50

How it played out:

65 miles
7 runs
6 ice baths
4 swims totaling 5500 meters
Long Runs:
10 @ 6:56
16 @ 6:49 with a few marathon paced miles thrown in at the end before a mile cool down

2 comments:

Janet Edwards said...

6 ICE BATHS???? Holy crap! I whince at the idea of one!

E-Speed said...

apparently Monday is my day to wuss out on the ice baths, my streak ended at 6. Back on board tonight after track! I really do think it helps to make the legs feel "fresher"