Gratitude

Before every big race I always stop to reflect on all of the amazing people I have supporting me. I'm still not quite sure how I got so lucky, but I really do have the best family and friends anyone could ask for, and they all support this crazy hobby of mine. I am eternally grateful for their support.

Somehow I have managed to surround myself with this huge network of real life and virtual friends who want to see me succeed. That is not always a given in endurance sports so I am glad I have found myself this perfect niche that helps drive me to be better while accepting me at whatever level I am at.

Clearly I want to qualify for the 2012 Olympic Trials this year, and the goal is to try to do that Monday, but regardless of the outcome on Monday I want to remember to be grateful for how far I have come, and for all the wonderful people who have made it possible for me to do so. Monday is going to be an amazing experience toeing the line with literally some of the best female marathoners in the world. And trust me I do not take that for granted, a lot of hard work got me here, and I plan to enjoy every minute of Mondays race!

Hopefully the athlete alerts will work this year and you will be getting live updates here on the blog! But if not the bib number is F47 and live tracking should be available on the BAA site Monday morning! Start is at 9:32 AM and the plan is to roll through the finish before 12:18 PM if at all possible :)

Thanks to everyone that has followed me here and supported me virtually and in real life. I truly am such a lucky lady!

4 comments:

Rae said...

So excited for you and can't wait to track you on Monday!!!!! Good luck and I hope you hit all your goals and qualify for the trials!!!

Robin said...

Go get 'em, Elizabeth! I'm rooting for you!

iJuls said...

Have an awesome race, Elizabeth. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Oh, and enjoy the after party. www.keeping-pace.com

Kim said...

Best of luck on Monday, Elizabeth. I would love to see the female elite start!