If I ever Feel Better

I had a great track workout Tuesday night. Unfortunately my foot and shin did not agree. Despite my best efforts to "stay ahead" of my plantar fasciitis and the resulting shin splits things are catching up to me. I think the bad tempos should have been an indicator that I just wasn't paying enough attention to recovery and was too focused on getting all the miles in. Another bad tempo last night and my shin feeling like it might explode at any minute have me doing my best to behave for the next few days. Broke out the bike for the commute today and will try to get in some cycling/swimming to keep up the aerobic fitness while hopefully healing the foot and shin quickly. Let's hope the old 3 days off is just what it needs! And if it is more I will be doing my best to stay motivated while keeping my fitness high but letting my muscles/tendons/fascia recover.

*Edited to add* After relaying all of this to coach I have been ordered to take the weekend off. no running, no biking, etc. so after the ride home tonight it is resting up time. Healing vibes for this girl!


5 comments:

Fifty K said...

Hope you recover quickly. I too have taken to the bike since I can't run. I never thought I would enjoy it but I'm loving every second of it!

Janet Edwards said...

Glad to hear coach gave you a few rest days...now get yourself sorted out!

Irene said...

I agree with your coach. :) I hope you enjoy your rest.

iJuls said...

Argh! I hope you recover quickly!

Keen Bean Company said...

How are you faring? miss you and hope your body is coming back around!