Week 6- Pig Training Run Down

The week went great, the weekend was a bust.

Run Down

Monday- Pilates (Abs), Strength Training (Faster in Five from RW), About 15 minutes of home yoga
Tuesday- 5 mile tempo run
Wednesday- 3200 yard swim, 1.5 mile walk with David
Thursday- Faster in Five strength training, Yoga 75 minutes
Friday- Speed workout treadmill 6.1 Miles (2*1200, 3*800)
Saturday and Sunday- Rest

I have finally added some strength training to the mix! Took me long enough

Added bonus:

All my speed workouts this week were right at my FIRST paces, hello speedy legs, so happy to have you back!

3200 yards at the pool was nice. There was a downed cement truck on 90 so I couldn't get home and opted to go the pool instead. I just managed to sneak in the 3200 before the life guard went on break. By the time I left traffic was clear (It was backed up for over 3 hours)

I successfully did all my inversion poses at yoga this week. Very cool!

Bummers:

Missing the 20 mile run, and mis counting my intervals Friday, I shorted myself one 800, I was supposed to run 4. I honestly didn't even realize it until I got home and logged the workout and looked back at my splits. It was actually somewhat funny because I was mentally strutting the whole way home from hitting all my paces this week. That'll bring me back down to earth!

Funny stuff:

Twice this week I got complimented on my "tattoo" i.e. the monster bruise I had on my thigh from the dog who jumped at me last weekend. (I tried to take a picture but the light didn't do it justice. It's still pretty purple but the yellow tinge and swelling have gone down. There are two pronounced lines where the dogs claws landed, I guess that's what looks like it might be a tattoo.)

5 comments:

DV said...

OUCH!! as much as it hurts, i'd take a swim over traffic ANYday too... nice week!

Triseverance said...

Don't sweat the 20 miler sounds as if you are doing more then enough.

Brian said...

Are you running 18-20 miles every weekend? Take it easy kiddo! Let them muscles recover! Great job cross-training!

Black Knight said...

I am learning to appreciate the cross training.....but you are too professional! I wonder: how can you work so hard on the treadmill? It is so cruel that my lady cat made the pee-pee on it!!!!

Unknown said...

Isn't it funny how many of us get down for our "diminished" training weeks? When compared to most of the "real world" we're still kicking it when it comes to getting in the exercise? Way to keep it up despite some bad mojo from Mother Nature.