I bailed

I bailed on the run yesterday. I decided that mentally I just wasn't up for 20 by myself in the rain or on a treadmill. The FIRST program I am following has five 20 milers on it and I have already done 1, plus a 50k, and I have three more on tap (one of which I am going to do down on the pig course!) I think I will be ready.

I am bummed that this is the third long run I have missed or cut short but in all honesty my body was a bit tired, my shins were super tight, and my nose and throat are acting like they are about to have a cold breakdown, so a restful day at home was probably not such a bad idea.

I am running the Youngstown half marathon this weekend and if I feel good I will add a 2 mile warm up and a 5 mile cool down to get my 20. More likely I will get in around 17 but the 13 will be at a quicker pace, probably around 8:20. I am only supposed to have 13 this weekend so meeting in between the 13 and this weekends 20 probably isn't too bad of an idea. Can't wait to see what the weather has in store for me this Sunday! Bring It!

2 comments:

Janet Edwards said...

I bailed on the second 10 miles last night on that split up 20 I had hoped to get in. I suck!

Perhaps I could try to keep you company for some extra Ytown mileage.

Anonymous said...

never feel bad for listening to your body. it's not the same as saying you aren't in the mood. your body had to send you 3 messages before you quit screening the calls.