Must Resist

In an attempt to be more conscious of what I consume I am tracking what I eat this week and attempting to count calories. I'm not great at it as I have no clue what is in a lot of the things I eat nor what a 3 oz piece of meat looks like, but I am doing my best ;)

So today my boss brought in a box of dunkin donuts. Which I have had to pass multiple times on my way to and from the printer, the microwave, the bathroom, the water fountain, etc. And sit through our office meeting with it open for all to see on the conference table.

I must say I am beginning to feel like the mayor in Chocolat, and am afraid at any minute my will may fail and my coworkers will find me under my desk fast asleep with donut crumbs all down my front.

Only one hour until yoga and safety from the donuts, until tomorrow!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, i have that same trouble. especially now. i keep my hands busy. but work ... well, when i worked... is a killer. just think about the teens with their hair sticking out from their hats making those donuts. make the donuts baaad!

Anonymous said...

You are a stronger person than I'am to resist that stuff, I would have picked up one doughnut every time I passed it by.

Have fun at yoga.

Toasty said...

I know!!!! This is a real problem. Perhaps one of the comments will have a solution.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha..that's too funny...I just got a mental picture of you diving face first into the box of donuts..;) Of course you wouldn't do that, but it was a funny picture! ;)

I'm proud of you for resisting...it's definitely impressive!!

Love,
Erin

Anonymous said...

I try and eat all the time so I'm never so hungry I can't resist! I'm not a donut person, but chips and fries could be the death of me!

For tracking calories, try fitday.com. Great free site and you can customize you meals or enter new food.I've used it for years.

Anonymous said...

Donuts are my achilles heel! I've started going to Fragapane's Bakery in N. Olmsted after my Sunday long runs. This seems to satisfy my craving for a week!

Anonymous said...

Mmm.. donuts! I like Brian's solution- will have to try that!

Anonymous said...

haha. I've been doing the same thing this week. I swear, eating 2,000 a day can be very difficult.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Sam about fitday.com. Aimee has started using that and she really likes it.

Can't wait to hear about your BT run. Since I didn't see you at the finish I am assuming you did 18 or the full marathon?

Great seeing you this morning.