Moving Along

Last night's run went really well and now I am up on time and getting ready to hit the pool.

Focus today will be on keeping my head down and making sure my right hand passes under my body. It's amazing how quickly you fall into old habits, so this is usually harder than it sounds. When I used to keep my head up I would watch my hands as they entered the water, now that my head is down I can't do that so I am sure that has played a small role in my right arm entering too wide. I swear that I thought having my head up a little so I could look forward was what I was supposed to be doing but the new coach says nope and that I was actually dropping my legs because of it. I wonder if I was swimming with my head up for the purpose of sighting in open water, hmm. Regardless, its head down for me now.

Monday and Tuesday were crazy busy at work. I will get some reprieve today I think but have another deadline coming so work will be nuts the next few days. Yesterday I didn't get time to eat until 3:30. I actually managed to convince our new coworker who started Monday that I was indeed at work on Monday, that I just had never left my office.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are back on track (no pun intended) with your running.

Hang in there at work. We can have some "serenity now" time at Yoga tomorrow night.

Steve Stenzel said...

Watch those hands! I totally understand the "falling into old habits" line. Concentrate....

Anonymous said...

Uggh! I hate those days where you are stuck in the office all day. It's your own personal prison.

Anonymous said...

They say you have to look straight down when you swim. Let me know if you figure how to do that and sight in open water at the same time. Old habits are so hard to break sometimes.

Anonymous said...

you mean it makes a difference where your hand enters the water, etc. : ) Gosh! I'm never going to be a fast swimmer!

Cliff said...

those old habits..i have those in my swim as well.

I tend to jerk my head up and over to take a breathe. It messes up my form .

Black Knight said...

How can you keep your concentration at work without having lunch?

Anonymous said...

that's what keeps swimming from being boring for me. i have to focus on form so much. not doing a catch up stroke or have a lazy arm... it's hard. if i don't think about it, it doesn't happen. if i forget to think about the stroke, then i end up looking for change on the bottom of the pool.