2007

This year I am going to focus on being a bit more disciplined. More disciplined with training and also with time management. This will most likely mean a bit less sleep and more early morning workouts, but hopefully it will also mean more quality time with my husband, family, and friends.

I want to try and remember to do the things I most enjoy everyday. Mainly snuggling in the morning, enjoying a cup of tea in my North Country Trail marathon mug every morning, and running.

I am toying with starting a streak and trying to run at least 1 mile every day. We'll have to see if it fits with the new training plan or not.

I have definitely put on weight with the longer weekend runs and low mid week mileage. I felt pudgy when I finished JFK and looking back at pictures from Boston I know I can be strong and look a little more tone. I am not actively going to try to lose weight but I am hoping the disciplined workouts will result in a more ideal running weight.

Hopefully this year I will find a way to consistently cross train year round. I would like to get in one bike a week, 2-3 swims, and strength training/pilates. I have always struggled with this, mainly because I don't put it on my to do list other than in my head. This year everything I should be doing will get written down every week. If it's in writing it has to get done ;)

As for more personal goals I want to make an effort to stop stretching myself so thin. I need to consider what the best use of my time is and commit to it. I need to realize that I can't please everyone and perhaps, for me, it is better to focus on making a huge impact on a small group than on making a small impact on a huge group.

2 comments:

Rae said...

Sounds like a good plan!!!

Trisaratops said...

Hey!

We should meet for some pilates/yoga/strength somehow. Maybe a Y somewhere in between? The downtown Y?

I need to be more consistent with that, too!