Short Weekend Recap

Rode my bike 45 miles on Friday in under 3 hours, furthest I have ever rode by myself. Starting to think averaging 17 mph in Steelhead is not going to happen and breaking 6 hours is not real feasible...may have to readjust my goals.

Left for Perrysburg Friday night. Played scrabble with David and Furian. I kicked some serious scrabble booty. 45 points for Maze, another 26 or so each for chop, ebony and joined/axe. Nice!

Saturday morning I went for an hour run in the extreme heat. I think it was about 90. Took the camelback with me and just tried to stay in the shade and keep it slow. The grass, heat, and tired legs definitely helped me to keep pace down.

Forgot undergarments for my dress so I had to make a trip to Kohl's. It went off without a hitch unlike last time which will forever be known as the PMI.

The wedding was a blast. I forgot my camera so I won't have any pics to post until Furian's computer is back up and running. But fun was had by all and the bride was absolutely stunning.

Went to the Berg's afterwards and played Catchphrase into the wee hours of the morning.

Stayed at Furian's again last night and played some games before heading back to Cleveland to pick up David's parents. Saw all the pics of our baby niece. Too cute.

Arrived home to cat piss in one of the hampers, lovely. It feels like a gazillion degrees up here in the office. The bedroom will hopefully cool down once the AC has run for a bit.

Congrats to TriSaraTops on a great race today.

Hope you all had good weekends!

11 comments:

Wobbly man said...

Sounds like a great weekend - please post photos.... I haven't had a great game of scrable for years. Now where is that box.....

Toasty said...

What is it with hot weather and cats? ... I believe it is they way they choose to protest!

Janet Edwards said...

Nice job on the long ride which generally does seem longer when you ride by yourself.

Sounds like a busy weekend and sorry to hear about the gift your kitties left while you were away!

Haight said...

Scrabble rocks!

The (IRON) Clyde said...

I know what you're saying...that 6 hour is my mark for Steelhead as well. This weekend's ride, back home in hilly WI (similar to Steelhead course) did nothing to boost my confidence either. 3 hrs, 51 miles, but my legs where DEAD, no way I could have run a 2hr half after that. Hopefully it will not be as hot, humid and windy as it was Sat.

Lynne said...

Heh, I had a cat once who used to love to pee in the hamper. Luckily for me, he liked to pee in the dirty clothes and not the clean clothes!

psbowe said...

Yes, summer is here, which means training in the heat! Glad you had a great weekend.

Fe-lady said...

I grew up in Perrysburg! Great memories. If you go to my blog there is a pix of my sisters and I on bikes in front of out house Maple Street.
Congrats on the bike ride...you can still pull off a sub six if you run fast! Best of luck!

Trisaratops said...

Way to get out there on a LOOOONG solo ride and run in this heat!! Wanna ride the GCT course with me on July 1? I need all the hill help I can get! :)

Don't count yourself out for Steelhead, yet....you're a tough cookie and you've still got some time.

Rich said...

Thank goodness. One PMI incident a year might be all we can handle! ;)

Cliff said...

Elizabeth,

Steelhead is HIM right? I am doing an HIM in July and my concern is to keep myself hydrationed and enougn nutrition on the bike. If that is done properly the run will not be so bad. I figure u can kill the run considering that is your background. The swim and the bike is just a warm up :D